Chapter 26

I will tell you when to play the song!^^^

Michael's POV:

"That Ivanov guy is a good person for a business deal." I say to Lucas, sitting down on the chair next to the office table.

"No, doesn't he want Cora?" He lowers himself down on a seat. "Yes, that's why it's the perfect business deal. We make it look like we want them, but we'll just kill them." I declare.

"Oh, ya." His eyes gaze off in the corner, as if he is staring at something invisible. It's probably just his adhd.

"You know Cora came up to me today." He snaps out of his daydream. My eyes perk up, fully attentive to what he has to say.

He sits up. "She told me she wanted to learn how to defend herself." 

"Mhm." I chuckle to myself.

"She said she doesn't want to be this girl that keeps screaming for help and that she wants to be there for herself." He finishes.

I try to fight a smile. "So, what did you teach her?" He gazes up, trying to remember. "How to use a gun." He smirks.

A low chuckle comes out of me. "How'd it go? I raise an eyebrow. "You know, practice makes-." He begins. "No, not that bullsit." I interrupt. 

"You know, you and Cora have a lot in common so y'all can just shut the fuck up." He gets up from the chair, approaching the cabinet with the liquor.

"Make sure she doesn't do anything stupid tonight." I sight out, eyeing at the immense amounts of paper on the desk.

"No promises." He raises his eyebrows. "Scotch?" A glass is gestured towards me. I nod my head.

"Also, make sure she doesn't drink. I don't know who she turns into when she drinks and I figure a public place is not somewhere to find out." He approaches the desk and gives me the glass while a laugh is let out of him.

"Are we getting anyone from the auction?" His body lowers itself down on the chair once again.

"Yeah, we are." I say. I knew he wouldn't like it. He's always been the one against this. "We really need a more safer way than sex-trafficking, man." The glass meets his lips. 

"I know, but what It's the most easiest way." I run a hand through my hair. "We'll have to figure out a way." A deep sigh is let out of him.

"Anyways, we have to get ready. I'll meet you down by the stairs at 7." He says before making his way out.

I follow after him and go into my room to put on a suit and quickly finger brush my hair. A quick spritz of dawn perfume settles on me before I make my way out waiting downstairs for Cora and the others.

Laughter and giggling approaches as I look up from my phone. 

She looked absolutely gorgeous.

Cora's POV:

My and Mia's giggles filled the halls as we make our way towards the staircase. I spot Michael as he looks up from his phone.

His gaze sets on mine, eying me from head to toe as my face turns a light shade of pink.

He looked devilishly handsome and can I just say hot. Some tattoos were visible, spiraling up his neck. A rolex accompanied his wrist as the shine of his stud caught my eye. 

I take a deep breath in as I slowly start down the stairs. My eyes continue gazing into Michaels, never leaving until his figure slowly starts becoming larger in view.