Chapter 43

Michael's POV:

"I'm gonna marry her." I firmly put down my second shot on the office table. 

Everyone gathered at my house because I wanted to tell them this, but I didn't know how to. So, I did what everyone fucking does when they're nervous but don't know how to say something. 

Drink.

Lucas throws his head back and lets out a laugh through his teeth. "Hopefully soon." 

As of now, only he knows. I don't know how to tell the others.

Cora's on my fucking mind 24/7 and there is nothing I can do about it. I can't seem to complain because I love it so much. She's helped me through the toughest fucking times of my life and for that I'd tell her 'I love you" until she can't take more.

I sigh, running a hand through my hair. "Lucas, I'm. gonna marry her." I repeat. "I got the ring."

His eyes widen and he stands up, putting his hands on my shoulders, realizing what I said. "Oh fucking shit, you were for real." 

I try to hide my smile by biting down my tongue, already imagining her walking down the aisle with that gorgeous smile of hers.

He shakes me out of my thoughts, the bright smile still on his face. "When are you proposing?" 

"Tonight." I finally give in a smile and he cheers me on, howling like a fucking wild animal. 

"Who said who's getting married." Alex's voice makes our heads turn towards the door. His face is peeking through the door

of course he has to come.

I try to make his arrival a positive thing as that's what Cora would've wanted. "Michael's proposing to Cora tonight." He raises his glass of whiskey, signalling Alex to come over. 

"No fucking way." Alex stops moving. "Please tell me your serious." He walks closer, slowly. His voice gets tighter as he takes his steps. "You shouldn't joke about this type of shit." 

"He's not joking you dipshit. He already bought the ring." Lucas smiles, looking like a proud dad.

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU!" He runs and his arms wrap around me as I freeze. My lips painfully twitch into a smile, giving off the fakest laugh and an abnormal pat on his back.

He lets go and I resist the urge to sniff my clothes to make sure they don't smell bad. 

"What's the plan." He walks over to the cabinet to pour himself a drink.

I take a deep breath in and get lost in tangling myself into telling these soon to be real fantasies.

--------------------

Cora's POV:

"Michael, where are you taking me?" I whisper, letting out a quiet laugh as I examine the box in front of me. 

On it, there's a note that reads: 

For you my darling ~ 7pm, don't be late.

I smile to myself and carefully open the box. Inside, lies a dark burgundy silk dress and gold jewelry. 

Okay, now where is he actually taking me?

I run my hands over the soft material for a few moments before snapping out of my daze.

Without asking anymore questions to myself, I take a quick, steamy shower and slip on the dress. It hugs me around my waist and hips and flows low until my ankles with a slit on the side.