Chapter 42

Michael's POV: (Before she goes to Jack's)

I feel like I'm gonna fucking throw up, worried sick about Cora. A tight feeling engulfs my throat. 

I dial Lucas' number on my phone and he picks up after the second ring.

"Michael? Why are you calling me so early?" His voice scratches the other end.

"Shut the fuck up. I don't fucking know where Cora is." I ramble.

He gasps. "What?! Are you serious, dude?"

"Yeah! Now help me find her you fucking bitch!" I pant, and I feel like I'm about to shit myself. 

"Okay, okay."

After 20 minutes Lucas finally shows up at my house as i'm exiting, tired of waiting for him and finding Cora by myself. 

I don't acknowledge his presence, just walk to my car. "Hey, wait!"

I speed off, my mind fighting to not go over the worst case scenarios. I get a call after 10 minutes and immediately pick it up, not even bothering to look at the Caller ID.

"Dude, she's at Jack's place. I checked her trackers." 

My eyes widen and I immediately hang up, pressing my foot on the gas even harder.

He fucking kidnapped her.

I reach there, the two hour drive being 45 minutes. I run out of my car and see dead bodies everywhere. I push aside a swallowing feeling inside my heart.

My legs stride there way upstairs, since taking the elevator could leave a potential threat. As soon as I walk closer to the hallway, I hear conversation. 

"Oh, yes I do. I even know what happened to Lilah." The voice says, and I waste no time in making my way over to their voices.

"You don't know anything!" She shouts. "Leave her out of this!"

"I may not have Lilah, but I have you."

"STOP!" she screams, and I pace myself faster until I see Jack on her. I aim my gun and shoot without hesitation, making him fall at once. 

Her eyes widen, as she takes in that I'm here and what I just did.

"4 billion dollars transfered." A robotic voice lights up the room. 

In that moment, I knew exactly why she was here.

My eyebrows furrow, knowing that she could've gotten hurt, or even worse- died. She just looks at me and gives me an apologetic smile but I try hard to not let it touch me.

"Let's go." I say firmly, grabbing her hand. 

Cora's POV:

He grabs my hand, pushing me past all the bodies into his car without uttering a single word. We both sit in silence and he closes his eyes, clenching his fists before taking in a deep breath.

He then turns around and opens his eyes. Those gorgeous green eyes. "Cora." He starts, his voice getting deeper, signalling he's angry. 

"I don't want to sound like a fucking psychopath, but what the fuck were you thinking!" He yells, and I feel my gaze lower. 

"No, look at me!" His hands find my chin and tilt my head up.

"What if you got hurt! What the fuck would have I done!" My heart tightens when I see his eyes getting glossy, tears pricking the corners

"Michael-" I start, but he cuts me off.

"No! You listen to me! I love you, Cora! I fucking love you, do you understand? Do you think that I cared about the 4 billion dollars after you came along into my life? No!" I grab his hand when his voice tightness at the end.

His face softly loosens as if he realizes that I'm not going anywhere right now. 

"I don't wanna lose you. Fuckin' ever." Our foreheads touch and a small tear escapes my eye. 

I really hurt him.

"I love you so much." I whisper before connecting out lips, giving in to a passionate kiss.

I pull away and our gaze meets each others' and for a second I feel an over wave of emotion so strong. 

I tangle my hand into his careless, soft, messy hair." Being in love is so scary." 

"Not with you, it isn't. It's the best fucking time of my life. Just the scary part is the thought of losing you." His thumb brushes the side of my jaw. 

"I shouldn't have talked to you like that." 

"I'm sorry. For making you shit your pants." I let out a laugh and he only softly smiles.

"I won't ever do that again. But I mean we got the money." I smirk.