Chapter 34

"Oh my fucking god, this place is beautiful." I gasp with my eyes wide, doing a small circle, taking in the surroundings. 

I hear a deep chuckle coming from Michael. I turn over to the side and am completely amazed by his beauty once again. How the sun made him just a little bit more tan, his hair lighter, how his cheekbones rise just a little more when he talks, the way he walks. 

Out of everyone, why me?

"Michael?" I raise an eyebrow, ready to ask him. He hums.

"Why me out of everyone?" I grip the strap of my backpack tighter. 

There's a silence for a moment. The only things to be heard is distant laughter and our steps against the gravel.

His eyebrows slightly tilt downward. "You pull something out of me that others don't." He takes a deep breath and the walking stops. "You see something in me that others don't."  

"You know, despite everything I do, you still are by me... with me." My throat tightens as he walks closer to me, cupping my cheek. "That's why."

Never did I once think anyone would think about me like this.

It's urging me to say it. 

Something... something in me is pushing me to say this. My eyes raise to his as I wrap my hands under his arms. 

"Michael?" 

His eyes gaze into mine.

"I love you."

It's almost a whisper, but loud enough for him to hear. I thought I would stutter, but it came out easier than I thought. Like i've said this to him over and over before. It felt so... familiar.

The coolness of his eyes soften just a bit, taking a deep breath as if he is replaying what I said.

His face inches closer and his lips meet mine. My breath gets a bit heavy for him to only deepen the kiss. I feel a smile against them. "I love you."

His lips crash onto mine one more time before parting away. "I've always loved you, amore."

I nudge his arm with a smile on my face. "E lo farò sempre." (And I always will)

"E lo farò sempre." He repeats.

"Dada!" A small boy, no older than 4 comes running up to Michael. I let out a wild laugh as he stares at the child who's holding his arms up for him to pick him up.

"Hello." I coo, tapping his nose. "Mama?" 

"No, I'm not mama. Where's your mama?" I pick him up, resting most of his weight on my hip. On the other hand, Michael just stands there, not wanting anything to do with the kid. 

"Dada!" He starts violently crying in my arms, reaching out for him and I freak out. "Take him!"

He takes him and holds im like he's some alien from another planet. "How do you know this isn't my child." A smirk grows his face. 

I roll my eyes, smiling. "He looks nothing like you." The kid has blond curly hair with blue eyes. No to mention the face structure difference. 

"Carlos!" A man comes out one of the pathways into our view. "That's probably his dad." I lean in.

We start walking towards the man and his eyes widen. "Carlos!" Michael hands the kid to him. 

"Why you taking me son!" A thick accent rolls off his tongue. His head then tilts in my direction. "Thank you for bringing him to me." A smile flashes his face.