Chapter 17

'Bad things happen, and you can't do anything about it, right?' But sometimes, these bad things allow us meet people who just make our hearts a little bit lighter.

but i don't know if i still can trust this bitch- 

We make our way to the top of the stairs, leaving the dark behind. The  guards stare at us as we make our way to the exit of the house. "Why is everyone staring at us?" Alexander puzzled.

"Maybe because they think i'm a guy and we're linking arms." I laughed. 

"Hey, what's wrong with that?" He smirks, jerking me closer to him. "Hey!" I shriek as I almost trip.

We exited the 1 million layer coded doors after i started taping my foot impatiently. "Ready to meet Felicia?" Alexander questioned. "Felicia?" I asked.

"Is your girlfriend coming with us?" I added. The hot sun hit my face as i squinted and put a hand over my forehead. "Nope, she's better than a girlfriend." He answered. 

We made our way over to a pink Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita. "Oh, so this is better than a girlfriend?" I raise my eyebrows at him.

 "Oh for sure." He rolls his eyes.

has been heart broken; noted.

"Meet Felicia." He gestured towards the car. "Felicia, this is Cora. Cora, Felicia." 

"Hi, Felicia." I awkwardly patt the car. 

Alexander raises an eyebrow. "What the fuck was that?" 

"I said 'hello' in car." I flashed him my teeth. "Love the colour by the way." I added.

"I wanted to go for something... different." He said, rubbing his fingers together. "Yup, definitely see that." I giggled.

"Ladies first." He opens the door. "I'm clearly a man." I deepen my voice, grooming my beard. "My bad, monsieur." Alexander bows in front of me.

I giggle as I make my way inside. The 'fresh new car' smell enters my lungs as I take a deep breath in. The seats were a bright green colour. 

yup, definitely something... different.

The car sinks as he makes his way inside. "New car?" I ask. "Yes ma'am." The engine roars as he starts it. "Lets see what this Felicia can do." I pat the dashboard. 

"Please don't ever do that again." He cringes. "Shut up, Alexander." I cross my arms as a smile erupts on my face. 

My loose curls fly behind my face as he jolts the car forward, the massive engine wailing. "Alex!" I shriek, my eyes wide. "WOOO!" He beams, raising one of his hands up in a fist.

 The car slows down after a while as we enter the highway. I suddenly remember I have my phone on me. 

Should I contact Michael? 

cuz right now, i'm having more fun here than there with him.

I should probably try Lucas. 

I reach for my back pocket, secretively, praying Alexander won't notice. I slowly pull my phone up, closer to my chest. I turn toward the window, facing away from Alex. My fingers press into the side of the phone, hoping it would turn on.

nothing...

I press again.

still nothing...

The 'charge you battery' symbol pops up. Alexander's laughs fills the car.

oh shit.

"You really thought i would give you your phone back that easily." He cackles, gasping for air. I cross my arms, rolling my eyes. "Ha ha so funny."

The hardness of the glass presses onto my head as I lean on the window, gazing the outside world. The sky gives part to tall buildings, little shops, malls, raods; everything I haven't seen in a while. 

I stare at the blue sky as my consciousness starts to ebb away. My thoughts become fuzzy, my eyes droopy. I try to fight it off, but sleep consumes me.

-------------------

The sound of a blinker fills my ears as I feel my body weight shift towards the right of the car. "Oh shit, how long was I asleep for." My raspy voice startles Alex as I let out a disgusting yawn. 

"10 minutes and 47 seconds." He replies. "Thanks, Alex. Not creepy at all!" I say sarcastically.

I spot a McDonalds and we pull up to the drive through as Alex lowers his window. "M'lady, what can i get for you?" He speaks in a british accent. 

"I'll have 10 chicken nuggets and a medium coke." I hold my growling stomach. "On its way." He saluted and a small laugh escaped my lips.

Alex ordered our food and he parked in the parking lot, overlooking the sun. He got big mac and a water. "Who the fuck gets water when they come to McDonalds." I speak with my mouth full of chicken nuggets. "You know i don't come here often, because I try to eat healthy." He says wiping of a non existent tear, pretending to be sad.

The sound of food being chewed, and drinks being slurped fills the car for a while.

"Alex?" I wanted to ask him the question i asked him before, hoping he would answer it now. He hums, acknowledging me.

"Why am I here?" I say, sipping the coke. He stops for a second, staying completely still. 

"I really don't think it's my place to say." His eyebrows tilt downwards. I reach for his shoulder. "Oh, come on. Tell me." 

"Cora-"

I cut him off. "Alexander, whatever your middle and last name is, tell me." 

He begins. "Cora..."

"Yeah I got that so far. My name is Cora" I start to run out of my patience.

"Jack-" He hesitates and takes in a deep breath. 

"Jack what?" I inquired.

He clears his throat, fixing his tie uncomfortably. 

"Jack is your brother." 

***

oop di di scoop- what did he sayyyyy

not edited