Chapter 22

The skin on my face warms up as I feel the sun pour itself on me. I groan as I reach for the blanket, turning around. 

"Wakey wakey, bitch." A loud thud of the door barging open jolts me awake. 

"Lucas? What do you want?" I stretch and let out a disgusting yawn while I roughly rub my eyes with my fingers. 

"Well, I was just going to ask if you wanted anything for breakfast. But I guess I'll just let you continue sleeping." He starts closing the door, teasing me.

My eyes widen. "Wait!" He turns back around with a smirk plastered on his face. "What's for breakfast." I intensely stare at him with my crusty morning face and wild hair.

I might've made him a bit too uncomfortable as he scratches the back of his head. "Kellogg's cereal." 

what did he sayyy? I heard nothing.

He lets out a small laugh. "Just kidding. Waffles and pancakes." I sigh a breath of relief. Who the fuck eat kElLoGs.

My stomach groans at the sound of the food. "Be down there in 15." And with that, he leaves, closing the door behind him.

My skin leaves the comfy, delicate matters as I make my way to the closet. Hmm, what should I wear today?

 My gaze sets upon a small, yellow sundress. "Perfect." I whisper under my breath as I slip off my clothes. 

The dress reaches over my head as I carefully slip it on. My feet are quick to make their way to the bathroom to rinse my face and brush my teeth. "119... 120" I speak with the white foam over my mouth. 

yes, I do. 

I still count.

I quickly rinse out my mouth and head out of the room without looking back, with only one thought on my mind.

food.

As I walk past the halls, I spot the guard that started chasing me. "Hey." I smirk, giving him the Debby Ryan face. I notice him recognize me as his eyes widen which proceeds by him him rolling his eyes. 

god do I love annoying people.

The sound of chatter fills my ears as I approach the large dining area. My small figure walks in, staring at the food on the table. 

I feel a pair of hard eyes on me as I look around to see who it is. Michael was staring at me with such intense force, my face started warming up.

My eyes crawl up his body, eyeing the different clothes he wore than the usual; grey sweats and a white tee. His face was cleanly shaved as I noticed some more of his tattoos crawling up the side of his neck. 

I walk towards the table, approaching the open seat next to him, beside the head of the table. But before I even got the chance to take two steps, I hear a familiar voice dart my attention. "Cora! Honey, are you okay?!" Elena rushes towards me with her arms wide open. 

The impact of her hug pushes me a few inches back as I return the gesture. "Hey, Elena." I whisper into her hair. "Oh god, I'm so glad your okay." She lets herself out of the grip as she grabs the side of my face and strokes my hair continuously. 

"Im okay, I promise." I give her a small smile, closing my eyes. I didn't want her worrying about anything. She's been nothing but kind to me. 

She stares at me with such soft eyes. "Let's go get some breakfast." "Yeah." I reply.

As I tear my gaze away from Elena's, my eyes once again meet Michael's. He has a soft smile on his face as he looks back and forth between Elena and I. At least I get along with his mom. I mentally roll my eyes, smiling.