Chapter 21

I had seen him smile before; but I had never seen that one dimple on his cheek. It really spoke something to me about him. "Where are we going?" I frown.

 "Well, I'm gonna show you to your room." He opens up the top two buttons of his dress shirt, loosening it. I could see his godly sculpted tan muscles in the dim lights of the house as we headed down the hallway.

"Or, are you just going to physically restrain me and tell me that you used me this entire time... again." I say, crossing my arms.

He lets out a nervous laugh as he rubs the back of his head. "Aww, is Mr. Russo getting shyyy." I coo. "No I-"

My voice barges in, interrupting him. "Oh look, is this my room?" I ask in awe. "Yeah, we got it remade when-" He begins. "-when I got abducted in my sleep, yes. Thank you very much." I interrupt.

"Alright then, I'm gonna leave you to yourself Ms. Evans." He mimics me as he heads in the opposite direction. 

I sigh as I walk in and close the door behind me. There is a huge bed that's placed in the middle of the room with an enormous T.V on the wall in front of it. LED's are surrounding the brims of the ceiling and there is one, singular, giant window to the right of the bed. 

That's when the whiff of my body hit me. I smelt like absolute shit. I look in the closet to see it fully stacked with clothes. There were baggy shirts to 'night out' tops, sweatpants, thongs? I ignore whatever else there was and get an oversized shirt and sweats. 

My limp legs make their way into the gigantic bathroom as I close the door and stare at myself in the mirror. I was still wearing Alex's clothes. I really hope he's okay. He's the one that gave me the phone to call Michael. 

I wouldn't have been here if it wasn't for him.

I slip off his clothes as they pool on the ground at the bottom of my feet. My feet flinch at the touch of the cool water pooled on the ground of the shower as I step in. 

The metalic head hangs over my head as the warm water drapes over my body. I grab the shampoo and put a generous amount in my head, savouring the delicate touch. My fingers dance into my chocolate hair, hoping into the knots time had given.

The shampoo caresses down my body as I rinse it out and put in the conditioner. My fingers clutch the loofah from the stand as I pour out the body wash.  The small motions of the loofah soothe the ache that clawed at my limbs.

A herbal, pine aroma mixes in with the steam as it carries it throughout the entire bathroom.

As the soap begins to slide down my body, in the water, my head leans under the showerhead, rinsing out the conditioner. My hair feels heavenly soft as I wring it out one last time. 

I step out from the shower into the the sauna the steam had birthed in the bathroom. I gently rinse my face and brush my teeth for a good 10 minutes because they didn't even take me to the bathroom to get my mouth washed at Jack's place.

dumbasses.

I quickly finger brush my damp curls as I hop into my clothes. The warmth of my body quickly escapes as I step outside into my cool room and hop onto my bed.

Sleep is a really weird thing. Whenever I'm in desperate need of it, it doesn't come; but when I would do anything to not get weary, it allows its entrance. 

I lay there for five minutes, switching between positions. The starfish, log, yearner, soldier, fetus... every single one. I even tried flipping my pillow over to the cold side. But my eyes still lay wide awake as an owl.