Chapter 47

Cora's POV:

I moan, titling my head to the side. The coolness of the bathroom tiles is turning warmer by each second I spend on the floor .

This is the third fucking time I threw up and its 4 am. Why am I throwing up?

"Baby you sure it wasn't just the food yesterday?" Michael comes in with a towel. I shrug, stripping and getting into the shower. "Might be."

I feel him come in behind me and closing the shower door, making it like a sauna in here. A moan escapes my lip from the burning water.

We're silent, both of us savoring the water and each other's presence. I tilt my head under the shower, closing my eyes.

Slowly, black dots blur my vision and I welcome them. A thin crease forms in between my eyebrows. My head starts feeling heavier, but also lighter.

I feel hot everywhere.

What's happening to me?

I lose all my motion and start leaning but I feel hands around me, guarding my outer layer.

"Cora?" His voice is muffled and I strain to hear him.

'I'm here, Michael' but he can't hear.

Why can't he hear?

The muffling continues and I lose my senses, giving up trying to make out what he's saying. My eyes are closed but I can still feel.

We're out of the shower and everything goes black.

And all of a sudden I feel like I just grazed death.

--------------------

"Congratulation, Mr. Russo. She'll be out of here soon."

I fight to open my eyes but they immediately shut with all the bright light. 'Come on." I think.

I open them slowly, letting them adjust to this new environment. My nose starts gaining it's sense and I sniff in a bunch of alcohol.

Some beeping is coming from my side and I see an empty plastic bed beside me

And we're in a hospital, great.

"Thank you, Dr. Van." I hear a familiar voice

"Hey, love." Michael sees im wake and strolls over to me.

"Michael, what happened?" He's quick to put his lips on mine, the other hand tucking my hair behind my ear.

We take our sweet time. "I was so scared." He confesses. I smile, putting my hand on the side of his face. "I'm safe, I'm here now." I sit up and hug him, resting my head on his shoulder as he caresses my back.

"So, what happened?" I say into his neck. There is a slight pause, but I just close my eyes, ready for the news.

I have a disease without a medical cure? Im paralyzed? They amputated me? I mean he is my next of kin.

"We're pregnant." He whispers against my ear and a gasp leaves my mouth in shock.

"We're pregnant?" I whisper in disbelief, leaving the embrace and grabbing his shoulders, looking at him softly in the eyes.

Water starts forming in my eyes and I'm immediately sent back to the memories of me always wanting to become a mother. Fantasizing about the bond only understood between a mother and child.

"Yes, amore." He grazes up and pecks my forehead, squeezing my hand reassuringly.

I let out a sob and he pushes my head into his chest, stroking my hair.

We're pregnant.

I'm pregnant.

I'm gonna be a mom.

The thought of that makes my cry even more and even harder. Michael's patience makes me thank him and I tell him I love you over and over again.

"For how long?" I question.

"5 months."

5 months.

I'm gonna be a mom in 4 months. "Oh, Michael." I smash my lips onto his with the tear stains still drying on my face.

--------------------

Every since Mia and Lucas found out they have come to our place every weekend and brought Alex along. They showered the baby with gifts saying the baby needed it.

I laughed and enjoyed my time with them.

Michael spends all his extra time with the baby and I. Most of it goes by talking to the baby, and kissing my stomach. Talking about his past and euphoric experiences. How we met and the way we make each other feel.

He says it like he's never going to tell her again when she's actually born. I laugh at the thought of that.

Sex while pregnant is the best. I should get pregnant more often. I told Michael that and he only chuckled. "Goin' for a 4 in 4?" Is his remark. I agree with him, "Oh yeah, definitely." I laugh, embracing him.

--------------------

It's 8 months now, and I'm starting to show a lot more now. Michael's been keeping busy with the baby and I, running back and forth to the store. I can't thank him enough.

"Thank you, baby." I look up from the T.V. He just came back from the store again to get some more snacks for my cravings.

"Anything for you, my love." He plants a kiss on my lips and then my stomach.

I jolt up. "Oh shit! I forgot the maternity bra." I shake my head side to side, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"It's okay, I can go get it." He invades my thoughts. I rebel.

"No, no. You'll need my size and I can't give that to you because apparently only some work and I'll have to try them on."

I laugh at this next thought. "And because my boobs are getting bigger every 2 seconds, the size I would've told you would've been incorrect."

However, he doesn't laugh. "Baby, you're 8 months, carrying our child like a goddamn watermelon. It's not safe."

"Oh, I'll be fine. Let the baby do they babying." I brush him off and go to grab my now too small coat.

We head into the store after a heated car ride of why he still doesn't think I should've came. He's fine now, though. But actually, I'm the one that's supposed to have the mood swings.

I walk up to a worker. "Hi, I'm looking for a maternity bra." She smiles at me, placing a quick glance at my breasts, though I do not mind. "Right this way."

I'm led into aisles and aisles full of bras on each wall. It's like a bra room, ha!

Wow, never in a million years would I make that joke.

I tell her my size and she hands me one, climbing down from the ladder. "Here you are, ma'am. Our fitting rooms are just over there on the side." She points beside us.

"Thank you."

I takes about three of them to finally get my size. However, Michael liked seeing me try each one on.

I swear to god he's so childish.

We leave the store after thanking the worker and make our way back to the car.

But only if I had knew it would've ended like this.

I would've listened to Michael and never came.

--------------------

Sunday February 6, 2022 @8:33pm