Chapter 14

Cora's POV:

My soft fingers ran through my now damp hair. 

I put on a black sweatshirt and a sweatpants i stole from Michael's cabinet.

The fog of the bathroom left the feeling of warmth behind as i stepped into his cool room.

He was now on his bed, but faced away from me. His back arched forward as he placed his elbows on his knees, on the edge of the bed.

"Where were you last night." His husky voice lingered through my ears.

I ignored his 'concern' and headed for the door. He grabbed my arm, jerking my walk.

"Where were you last night." He hissed, his voice raising.

I remained untouched from his anger. I stared at the ground as he looked at me.

"I don't have to tell you anything. It's not like you'll ever care." I spoke, my gaze rose from the ground, finding and burning his.

I snapped out of his grip and headed for the door. If i have to live with this man, i actually have to listen to myself. 

I have to make his life a living hell.

I 'accidently' knocked into one of his golden statues as it fell to the ground, cracking a tiny corner.

That shit must've been hella expensive. "Cora." A familiar voice called out. A soft hand touched my shoulder as i turned around. It was Michael's mom.

 "Oh hi Mrs. Russo." I awkwardly coughed out. "Hello dear." She gave me a warm smile.

After a long awkward silence, her gentle voice rung the halls.

"Thank you." Her face softened.

thank you?

"For what Mrs. Russo?" 

"Oh please, call me Elena." she flashed me a smile.

I awkwardly laughed.

"Why don't you come have some tea with me?" She warmly offered.

"Um-" I hesitated. "I would love to." I finished. 

She gave me a joyous look. "This way." We started down the hallway 

"And don't worry, the guards will clean that up." She pointed to the statue, letting out an amused laugh.

---------------------

We entered a massive dining hall. The walls were white draped with gold stripes. In the middle stood a long dining area with crisp white plates and cutlery, all nearly arranged. Two waiters awaited out arrival at the end of the table.

I approached the table as the waiter pulled out one of the seats. I smiled at him and he nodded his head, looking down.

I'm not gonna lie, he looked kinda hot though.

Elena sat down, adjusting her dress.

"Miss which tea would you like" the waiter asked me.

"Umm, what flavours are there?" I curiously asked.

"We have thai ginger tea, chamomile lemongrass tea, peppermint tea, rooibos tea, earl grey, black tea, assam, ceylon, nilgiri, chai, green tea, lemon tea and china keemun." He spat out a bunch of flavours that he was probably told to memorize. 

"Which is the best one for a depressed, lonely person." I said being serious.

"The Chamomile miss." He answered, like i didn't say anything weird.