Chapter 8

Cora's POV:

You know that feeling when you get that one thought and you only focus on that and nothing else. The entire universes' noise just fades out and you left there alone inside your mind.

you against yourself?

That's exactly what the car ride felt like.

It felt extremely silent.

Although it wasn't.

The Russo guy and Lucas were talking about their plans on what to do when we go to the 'party.'

He didn't even tell me the name of the event, or why we're going, and i'm just supposed to be there. There like no one. I feel extremely used and useless. Is this what my life is now? Am i supposed to stay with these men who i don't even know? I don't even know what they do.

My eyes stung at the feeling of the tears forming. I sighed as i leaned my head on the tinted window, looking outside, where i was once free.

I don't believe in a God or Gods. But right now, if there is a higher force out there... somewhere, that has control over all of this, then please, please help me find answers.

I need answers.

I look in the rear view mirror through the back seat to see the Russo guy. He's so focused on driving, almost as if he knows whether something dangerous is going to happen or not beforehand. All i see are his eyes. Those filthy green eyes. Those exact same green eyes that pierced into my soul the day i set my eyes on him. But deep inside those green eyes, lay death, and the worst part is, that he knows.

The car jolts to a stop as we step outside on a huge, paved runway. The cool air made my sleeveless arms numb and my cheeks stung red at the hit of the gentle, cool breeze. There was a massive jet awaiting our arrival.

"This way." His cold husky voice lingered my ears as he puts his hand on the small of my back.

I flinch at his touch and he seemed to notice. He let go of the touch on my back and proceeded walking in front of me.

did he just-

no, stop. He doesn't care about you.

I stepped onto the cool, metal stairs of the jet. My hands gripped onto the cold alloy railing.

Shit... i wanted to run.

But where would i go.

I rebelled my idea and proceeded in.

The jet smelt like what you would smell if you sat into a brand new car. Russo signaled for me to sit beside him.

I looked around and hesitated. When i finally gave up, i sat down beside him.

I could feel his sharp glare on me but i chose to ignore it. I looked straight ahead with a small smirk plastering my face.

If this guy wanted me, i would make his life a living hell.

I would feel the opposite of what he wanted to make me feel.

way to go, Cora.

I sometimes praise myself at the ideas i come up with.

"So, what's your name?" I said casually while turning my head to look at him.

A smirk took over his lips as he eyed me up and down.

My internal organs set on fire.

"Michael." his accent rolled of his tongue.

Michael, huh?