Chapter 9

This chapter was so fun to write. From now on, it will get more juicier and more secrets will be revealed. Anyway, enjoy loves! Onto the chapter :)

Cora's POV:

He really thinks he did me a favour by 'helping' me. I push his grip off of my waist and proceed on to one of the beds.

"Why did you bring me here?" I hiss, looking at him, still trying to process everything that just happened.

He stares at me with a blank face. "There's some things you don't need to know Ms. Evans."

"I have the right to know Mr. Russo. You abducted me here." I snapped back. 

His humongous 6'4 built figure remained at the door frame to the balcony.

"MICHAEL!" Lucas came barging in through the door.

Blood covered his face, his eyes wide in terror. His arm was gripping his right shoulder with his left hand while gasping for air.

Suddenly, out of the corner of my eye, i see a spherical object dropping below us.

"NO!" Lucas was running toward us.

The last thing i remember was Lucas jumping in front of us while we were falling to the ground.

All i saw was white.

only white.

--------------------

Lucas' POV:  

*before cora decides to go on the balcony*

That bitch better stay in there. I locked the door to Cora's room and proceeded one flight downstairs, to my room. I twisted the cold, alloy doorknob and the smell of lavender consumed me.

the smell of her.

She always smelt like lavender, fresh and clean. I swallowed back the lump in my throat.

I missed her so much

but she's long gone, in a better place.

I missed her laugh, her smile, her voice, her eyes, everything about her from the inside out.

She died in an explosion 2 years ago when the Mexicans flooded Italy.

I've been broken ever since. I don't make sense and I find unhealthy ways to cope with her loss, and i'm guilty of that. I grab the notebook underneath my pillow, and opened up a fresh new page.

I wrote and wrote till my hand went numb.

July 14, 2020 3:47 pm

Lilah,

my amore, I grieve everyday with your loss. I didn't want to open this notebook because i knew i couldn't handle any of it. All i do is write about my aches and pains. But today, i want to talk to you. So talk to me, amore. I hope you are doing better now knowing that you are in a better place. Don't worry, we will meet again, one day, i promise. You have never left my heart, and i have never left your side. You showed me what i was capable of and i will live up to it till the day i die. You push me for times when i feel like giving up and it feels as though you've never left me. I talk everyday underneath the stars about how much i miss you. Do you hear me? You know Michael, he found someone. Her name is Cora. You would've loved her. You guys would've gotten along so much. I wished we both had some more time together. I love you.. till the day i die, and even after.

Lucas.

Tears drenched the paper. I couldn't hold it all in. There was so much i wanted to say to her. I closed up the wet, tear stained notebook and placed it back under my pillow.