Chapter Forty-Six

I clear my throat, and take a sip from my cup to calm me down. He's drunk, he's intoxicated. I tilt my head, and proceed to move, until he mumbles her name again, a little bit more clear than the last one. The man named Luke, leave his his spot, clapping his hands towards them.

"Hey guys...I think it's real late and maybe you should cancel phase 2? Think about it--how are you gonna beat laser tag?" He says, the man beside Dean agrees, showing me his soft side. The man turns to me. "Would you mind helping me out? I know you're a friend to Isabella,  so I assume you might be the helping kind."

"Well..." I stumble back a bit, looking at Dean then at Luke. "It's no problem." I say with a forced smile. 

"Thanks." Luke goes to the sober friend, asking to excuse the other 3 drunken men out. As they all three leave, I follow Luke. "Could her grab his shoulder?" I nod and carry the smelly man, upstairs to the second floor. "Come on, big guy."

We all grunt, as we pull his weight across the hall. We then forcefully open the door, and lead the man in. I fix his posture and continue the long but short walk. 

"She's so smart....and pretty...." He mumbles once more. 

"Yeah yeah, like Kyle--" Luke states, but Dean quickly cuts him off.

"Not Kyle, Isabella! Isabella is so smart and beautiful like a flower--" He giggles. 

"Just lie down and stop talking." Luke states angrily, as we plop him on the bed. I adjust my suit and tie, wishing Isabella could fix it for me. 

"Her hair is so nice, she has the best hair...it's so soft." Dean continues to gush over Isabella, as I angrily hold in my emotions. Luke turns to me after taking him shoes off.

"Sorry, but thank you again." I nod.

"I messed up...I should've confessed my feelings--I confessed to Rory first...I should've--should've kissed her..." He says, I check my watch, satisfied with all the information I need.

"Shush." Luke states.

"Well, I should get going...have a nice night." I smile and excuse myself, closing the door to the room. I grip my jacket, as I adjust it again, letting out the anger. I leave the building, and see that Secretary Porter must be asleep by now. 

I believed Secretary Porter when she told me her relationship with Dean. Although it seems one-sided in this sense. He's going to be a married man soon, and his feelings are still focused on Isabella. It's too late for him to confess anyways, since we're already in a relationship together. I'll make sure to call her early in the morning, maybe I should give her a day off...would she want that? I tilt my head and ponder while exiting the building.

(Isabella's Point of View)

I smile and get off the phone, as I place it back, it rings again. I confusingly pick it up as I check the time. It's kinda early in the morning, why is he calling? I hear his voice through the phone, as I grab my watch, I gently place it around my wrist. 

"Ah, Secretary Porter want me to pick you up this morning for some coffee?" I furrow my brows, and check the time once more, but on my wrist this time. 

"President Lee, I have some business to attend to this morning, also I don't come in until later...is everything alright?" I ask with worried curiosity.

"Oh, no everything is fine--I was just wondering if you wanted to go--or if y-you were free. It's alright, I'll just pick you up when it's time." I hum and agree.

"If it's too much trouble then I could drive myself--" He cuts me off urgently.

"No no not at all. See you there Secretary Porter." I smile and end the call.

I'm running a bit late...Lorelai must be upset--or she's late too. She's probably late too, I giggle and grab my belongings while leaving my place. I jump into my car and start it up, the radio plays in the background as I continue my journey. I swiftly park on the side, I get out and see the park being set up for the wedding.