Chapter Forty-Seven

I look around, seeing Lorelai running towards me. I smile as she slows down while approaching me, out of breath. I stop her, as she collects her breath, trying to stable her breathing. 

"Don't explain, I'm also late." I say, she nods and points to the sidewalk. 

"Are--are you also going suddenly?" I shake my head. "So, fashionista...what's with this look today?" I look down confused.

"I-it's my work clothes?" She gasps.

"Wow, why do you look so good? I mean- you look good in anything." I laugh with her, and feel the breeze hit us.

"Thank you, where's Rory?" I ask, she points forward. "Oh, so it's just us--fun! So, I have a few ideas, for expensive/inexpensive gifts. We could stop here and check it out, or over there--" She stops me and opens the shop door.

We split up and cover ground while examining the isles. I stop in front of one specific gift, I grab the tag confused about the decorative box. I gasp, as Lorelai shockingly peaks from the other side, she runs around. She approaches the box, shocked at the price and how convenient it is. 

"Wow! A toaster that's wrapped--oh it's a nice one! Nice find girlie." She turns to me and high-five. We grab it and rush to the register, we pay as I check the time for them to go. We exit and start walking down the side-walk. "Rory!" 

"Hey Rory!" I say excitedly.

"Hey Isabella, glad to have seen this duo so bright and early." I smile as we continue to walk down. 

"We--well Isabella found the perfect gift for Dean and Lindsay. It's cheap but not cheap, classy but not personal--it's perfect!" Rory cuts her off with a sad and disappointed look.

"We're not going." She says, Lorelai and I ask why. "Luke was looking for you, and you Isabella. He ran into me, he was all nervous and everything, then he finally just said we all shouldn't go."

"What does that mean?" Lorelai asks.

"Means we shouldn't go, I guess." I state.

"He seemed really serious, he was kind of upset, although I don't know why." I hum, and grab the gift.

"I'll drop this off at the gift table, I wasn't planning on going anyways and we spent money so--it'll be a waste." I state to them, they both look at me. "I'll be going, you guys can call the work phone since I'll be on my shift at that time, see ya and call me." I wave, they wave back to me. 

I check my watch, seeing time to kill. As I wait I look around in the stores, only to finally see the time arrive. I walk up and place the gift on the table, I look up seeing the newlyweds come out, happy as can be. My heart aches, as I still have a few feelings still left for him, but what can I do? Nothing. I smile with my broken heart, and turn around hearing my name called. 

President Lee arrives, walking up to me, I look down and wish Dean and Lindsay well. President Lee approaches me, grabbing my hand. My heart is mending, since I have him in my life. We walk off, to his car. 

"Missed me?" He asks with a warm smile.

"If I tell you the truth would you get hurt?" I say, he dramatically holds his hand to his heart.

"Depends what the truth is." I hum as he opens the car door for me. 

"Yes." He leans and gives me a light kiss, I slowly blink as I enter his car. He enters and proceeds to drive to our job. "So, you seemed really urgent on the phone.. anything to tell me."

"Well, I could give you the reason why Lorelai is late." I hum not wanting to give away my curiosity. "She was at her Inn this morning, she's building her own, starting her own independent business."

"That's great! She never told me, but I could see her stress." He agrees.

"I assigned her to you, to help with shipments, building and etc etc." I look at him happy.

"You didn't have to do that, seriously. Thank you for this opportunity though." I say with a bright smile towards him.

"Had to give my best employee." He says with a lip smile.