Chapter Twenty-Two

I arrive at school, so far it's normal. Except Rory and I are talking more and Paris still hates us. The weird thing is I haven't seen Tristan st all today. In English we were assigned on last project for the year, it was Romeo and Juliet, we had to act out the last scene with chosen partners. I go into the meeting, seeing Paris and her friends. Rory sits across from me, as a boy sits on my left. Paris assigns me to be her "helper" while Rory gets Juliet, Tristan arrives late, making me not look at him. 

"Tristan is Romeo, and we'll meet at Rory's town. We'll go over the scenes and lines tonight, don't be late." Paris yells, I get my things and pass Tristan.

This isn't good, at least I'm not juliet. Now I have to explain to my parents, they'll say yes since it's school related after all. I leave the school in a rush for tonight, the day blows over like wind. I say goodbye to Peter and walk up, seeing Rory and Dean, as Paris finally arrives. I stand by the side and take notes, making sure the script is correct. Tristan arrives, locking eyes with me as he passes. 

"What's with him?" Dean whispers.

"No idea." I respond, as I continue taking notes. Tristan leans over Rory about to kiss her until he stops. He looks over me, seeing Dean, I turn seeing him shake his head. 

"What's the line?" He then looks at me, I read and open my mouth until Paris cuts me off. 

"Thus with a kiss I die, is it that hard to remember?" Paris snaps at him, he nods. 

"Then I kiss her, right?" Tristan asks, as he looks at me, his smile getting wider as he looks at Dean. 

"Take 5." I say, annoyed. Paris agrees as I drop my notes onto a table, walking out for fresh air. 

"Elle, you seem stressed." Tristan teases, I roll my eyes. "Come on, don't be like that. I'll kiss you again, if that makes you feel better?"

"Tristan, what is your deal?!" I yell at him, as he smirks.

"You're acting like you didn't kiss back, and that guy likes you." I look at him confused. "Dean, the way he looks at you, says a lot." 

"Tristan, we're friends, I would never backstab Rory either." He crosses his arms and looks at me.

"I know you would never, but how do you know she wont?" He raises his brows and walk back into the building, I scoff and follow. 

Dean leaves giving me a goodbye wave, as we practice for a few more hours. This project is 50 percent of our grade, and is due tomorrow. Tristan leaves early, as we continue to practice, we end it and meet up tomorrow. As I arrive back to my house, I can't help but to stay in my room, thinking about tonight. Tristan knows I like him back, and I blame myself for it, why did I have to kiss back? I can never tell my parents, they would probably scold me for liking him. 

I feel myself falling asleep, as I grow more and more tired. My eyes close on themselves until I hear a banging on my window. I fall out of my bed and quickly get up, seeing Charles at my window. I open it and he silently climbs in, I try waking up, only to feel him hug me tight.

"Charles, you're back? And why did you sneak in?" I ask, he backs up and quickly locks my bedroom door. 

"Well, I couldn't wait to see you again, and I want updates to your life." We both sit on my bed, as he smiles bright at me. 

I nod and tell him what he missed, including my boy troubles. He fills me in on his trip, making me realize, that our relationship was never romantic, but friendly. We agree to pretend to like each other, just in case of parties with our parents.