Chapter Eight

"Isabella, I think we should sit." My father asks of me. I sit down right in front of them both. "The dance at your school is coming up, and at first we were not going to let you go, because of school work. Although our heads have been turned, for the better." He looks at my mother and holds her hand on the arm rest. I play with my uniform skirt afraid of the news. "My good friend, Jackson has a son, and he wanted to let you both go to the dance."

"Why? I don't know the boy, it will be weird." I say, my mother sighs.

"It's for the future, anyways it'll be good for you both. You will be meeting at the dance, only problem is that you'll have to buy the tickets." My mouth goes agape from the response.

"You want me to go with this boy, for your company. Don't you know how vile that is?" I say angrily. "You're using us as chess pieces, for money!"

"Isabella how rude!" I scoff and stand up, walking away. "You will be going and that's final!" He screams. I go up the stairs and shut the door, as I calm down, I go through the conversation. At least they allow me to go.

I sleep it off, and get up, letting this Friday go by quick. The day is normal until I see the ticket line, I shrug off the task and go to my locker, putting my things away. I go to my next class, doing the classwork, tapping my pen on the wooden desk, thinking about the tickets. The dance stays in my head, I don't want to go with his son, we don't know each other, it'll be a waste for the both of us. Imagine that he has a girlfriend he doesn't want his parents to know about, that would be awful. W-would I be helping a breakup happen? No-no he would probably tell her, right? 

He would be loyal, I don't think he would be bad. Maybe he is bad...no that would be judging, and that's not right. I place my palm on my forehead, resting on the desk, the bell rings and I pack up my things. Taking out the book, I go to the ticket line, seeing it was long, I patiently wait at the end, slowly moving up. I read the book and don't notice how quick it was going, beating my expectations.

"And she reads again, how wise." I see Tristan go beside me, as I wait for the line.

"Goodbye, Tristan." I say politely. 

"Did you get the wise thing? Cause you're reading--" I cut him off annoyed.

"I said goodbye." I bluntly tell him. He clears his throat.

"What're doing here?" He asks, I put my head down reading my book.

"Waiting to get tickets." I honestly say, as I continue to read the last chapter.

"You know the guy is supposed to buy the ticket." He murmurs in my ear.

"Didn't know purchasing things had a specific gender to them." I continue reading.

"I mean, if there even is a guy." I scoff.

"There is a guy." I sarcastically exclaim.

"Cheap one." I ignore that comment, not being bothered. "So, who is he?" 

"Are we really playing 21 questions?" I continue reading, moving up the line, almost at the front.

"I'll confess, I thought we could go together." I look at him, not believing his lies. "I'm serious."

"Tristan, our history is not all peaches and cream, so you thinking I would go with you is a stand up comedy act in itself." I continue reading, I stop and close my book, feeling bad. "Okay, fine. If you really are serious, then I'm sorry, but no. Although I heard rumors about a girl really wanting to go with you." He looks at me, I nudge my head over him, he turns finding her. "Take sissy, I bet she would love to go with you." He silently, looks back at me, then walks over to her, I get up to the front of the line, paying for two tickets.

"How rude of you." Paris tells me, I confusingly give her the money. "He was being nice."

Years to Come || (Gilmore Girls based fanfiction) (Dean X Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara