Chapter Forty-Three

He's my boss, I shouldn't--I can't--my eyes shoot wide open, seeing his upper lip about to touch mine. I jump, hearing loud fireworks pop off in the distance. I feel myself falling from the curb. He grabs my waist, as I cover my face from the sudden noise. I look up seeing the bright colors light up the sky. I turn to my boss, seeing his reaction, while his eyes perfectly reflect off the fireworks. 

His expression, I can't place my finger on it. After the show ends, he sighs, while dropping his hand from my waist. I look over as he rubs his face out of disappointment. He turns back to me, grabbing my stuffed animal.

"I'll walk you to your car." He sternly says, I follow behind as we cross the streets. As we approach my vehicle, he extends his hand to me. I give him my keys, as he opens the trunk to my car. 

"P-President Lee...?" He puts the animal and closes the trunk. "We should speak about--"

"We shouldn't...." I huff angrily as he walks past me, opening the car door. "It's all one-sided anyways, and the stupid fireworks went off earlier than expected."

"I'm not getting in that car, until we discuss this." I say while he annoyingly closes the door, he grabs my hand and gives me the key. "President Lee, you're serious?" I say with disgust.

"Deadly." He says into my eyes, he turns and walks away. 

"You can't do this!" I yell, as he silently walks off. I quickly run after him and go in front of him, stopping him in his tracks. "I mean it, I want to talk."

"We'll do it another day." He gently shoves me aside, as I step forward wanting to push more, I stop.

I back up and let him go into his car, I turn and walk back as well. I open my car door, but pause when an idea hits me. I quickly get into my car, only to see him having an headstart. I panic and start the engine. I take a different route and try doing a shorter way to his place. As I arrive to my job, I notice his car lonely in the front. I park and run up, I enter the elevator. 

I run out and head to his office, I notice he's not here. I enter the passcode and look around, before I can fully approach he meets me at the corner. He jumps and slips onto the floor, I instantly help him up, as I drag him tot he couch.

"President Lee, I'm so sorry." I say, he flinches while touch his lower leg. I run to get ice, while I come back, I sit down on the floor, he lets his leg rest on the coffee table as I gently place down the ice. "I'm such a idiot." I say while chuckling.

"Hm?!" He says confused. 

"I come into your home, and interrupt you, just for you to get hurt." I laugh, I shake my head. "Wait a second..." I look around and start thinking, before today....I took the survey and saw a figure hide behind bushes. "You saw me with Dean!" I shockingly say.

"Finally it clicks for you, as you were getting all hot and red just by him hugging you." I tilt my head and look at him.

"I didn't...? I'm not that kind a girl that get's flustered that easily." I say shyly, knowing that I've past that faze. 

"Really." He moves his leg, and sits close by. "Then this?" I turn as he gets closer, I feel myself getting nervous. I hum yes while looking the other way, as my heart pounds harder. 

"Yes." He then gets closer. 

"What about this?" I look seeing him inches away like before.

"Yes...What is this? A jealous ploy u have." I say chuckling, only to stop quickly.

"What about th-" He says while tugging my arm, I fall on top of him as he drags me. We stare into each others eyes, for a moment. 

We sit up, as he continues to hold me close. I gently grab his face, and plant an innocent kiss. I open my eyes, seeing is face all shocked. 

"How about this?" He lowly states while grabbing my face and gives me a more passionate kiss than before.