Chapter Thirteen

We both sit down at the table again, we continue to talk and look around at others. We eat a bit of food, he sets down our waters right after I take my last bite. I thank him and take a refreshing sip from the glass. I carefully set it down onto the table and look back to him, he's really nice. It's a shame we both were forced to come here, would've been better if we've met before. As I stare at him he smiles at me, I blink my eyes multiple times and turn towards the table.

I tuck some hair behind my ear and clear my throat, I hear his utensils drop onto the plate. He stands up, and offers me his hand.

"Come, we could talk to some of your friends." I smile and take his hand, our eyes meet but it ends as I try to walk forward. I almost bump into Paris's friends, as I take a step forward, I stumble back and Charles stands beside me.

"Wow, Isabella, I love your dress...who's it by?" I shrug, "That's alright, I'll ask around. You travel with a body guard now?" Her head turns towards Charles.

"This is my date, Charles." I said while motioning my hand to him. "Charles, this is Louise and Madeline."

"It's a pleasure." He says sweetly.

"So, how tall are you?" Madeline asks. "Cause the men in my family are really tall, what are you 6'1? 6'2?" Charles smiles.

"I'm 6'2" I get nervous and gulp hard in my throat, I stare at her, as she inches closer to him. 

"6'2 is a good height." She tells him, making her voice low and seductive.

"Uh, you think?" Charles asks a bit annoyed.

"I think." Her eyebrows raise a bit, as she stares deeply into his eyes. I feel his hand creep up to my waist, keeping a firm grip on it, I look up as he looks down on me, he smiles.

"Funny, because Isabella also agrees, which is why we fit together." He says proudly.

"Okay...I'm bored." Madeline storms off, as Louise gives me a nice compliment about my dress. I thank her as she waves goodbye to us. 

"Oh! What time is it?" I ask Charles, he pulls out his arm, extending it so his sleeve goes up. A watch shines out, he reads the time.

"Oh, it's our time to go." I frown a bit, he grabs my hands. "We'll meet again, I'll go get our coats, sit down and relax." He walks me to the table, I sit down, he starts walking but I grab his hand. I stand up. "Anything else?"

My hands go up to his collar, I gently pull him down, I lay my lips on his cheek. I softly kiss it and back away, letting go of his collar. I fix his collar and dust it off, as he stares at me.

"Thank you for everything." I smile and he nods, as he walks away I take a seat and play with the napkins. 

I look over seeing Rory take a seat beside me, I brightly smile and start speaking to her. She told me everything about Paris tonight, her date was apart of her family, most importantly her cousin. Paris doesn't like neither of us, which isn't a shock at all, I can't believe I didn't hear about that sooner. She yelled the news to everyone while confronting Rory, I feel bad, people must be talking about her. I chuckle at Rory's joke, but it quickly ends as I watch Tristan charge to Charles. 

I instantly get up when seeing Tristan push him back while holding onto his suit. As I arrive over there, people break them up instantly. Charles calmly collects himself and fixes his suit.

"Fighting isn't a solution, and I will NOT fight you here." Charles walks by, he meets up with me and takes my hand in his. Tristan runs up on us, making him shield me. "Keep your jealously under control." He then turns to me, "Come one Isabella." We quickly walk out, approaching the main exit. "I apologize for that encounter."

"No, it's fine, he can act like that sometimes." He hands me my mask and things, Peter pulls up to the parking lot. "Thank you for tonight."

"No, thank you for an lovely evening." He smiles and I return it, I go to Peter and quickly get in the car, hiding my worried expression.