Chapter Eighteen

"You play well." He says smiling, I approach and go beside him.

"I would hope so, since I've been playing all my life." I say awkwardly, I turn my face away and think to myself. Why would I say that? I shake my head slightly as I step down the few steps.

"Where have you been?" I turn back to him and tuck some hair behind my ear. 

"Chilton and at home, I haven't been visiting as often as I would like, I'm hoping to change that." He smiles and tucks his hands into his pockets, I see Luke stare us down from afar, he quickly goes back into his building. "So, why are you receiving cold looks from the town?" He turns and chuckles nervously.

"Oh uh that.....well Rory and I broke up." My expression softens, I hug him lightly but quickly back away.

"I'm sorry to hear that--I should probably visit her too..Oh! I hope you don't mind, but I'm friends with her as well." He nods, I gently pat his shoulder. "I'm sure things will work out in the end Dean, have hope." My heart aches as I say that, this feeling needs to stop, I have to be mature.

"Thank you for saying that, really I needed it." I warmly smile again hugging him one last time.

"Sadly I have to excuse myself, I'll see you around Dean." I walk two steps past him, waving goodbye as I head to Rory's house. 

As I cross the street I start to feel my heart ache again, I need to stop my emotions--even if I do like Dean, doesn't mean I should backstab Rory, I have morals. I just need to wish both of them the best. It'll be very inappropriate if I even try to do anything, my parents taught me better than that, at least. I walk up and knock on the door, I look around as I wait, I turn back hearing the door open. 

"Ms. Gilmore, sorry if this was a surprise, but I wanted to check up on Rory--if that's okay." She looks back, tilting her head towards us. 

"Rory is coming, I'm sure she'll be happy seeing you here. Also, you don't have to call me Gilmore, just Lorelai." She smiles, Rory appears and smiles at me, I give her a hug.

"Come in Isabella, it's great to see you." She replies, I enter and look around, I stop and turn to her. "So, any specific reason to why you're here?"

"I know you must be tired of hearing about this, but I heard about your situation. I just wanted to make sure you are alright." I sit on the couch as she joins me.

"It's really nice of you to come and comfort me, but I'm okay." I give her a look. "No, really."

"Rory, you'll be fine, I honestly think you two will be back together." She chuckles, untils he slowly stops to look at me.

"You're serious?" I nod.

"Well, maybe we shouldn't dwell on that conversation. Let's do something fun, since I have to leave in to hours." She gets up and slams her thighs.

"Okay, we could watch movies or listen to music." I get up quickly.

"Let's do it!" We both walk upstairs to her room.

She shows me different music types besides classical, I find them interesting. After we watched movies and old television shows, we then started to speak about the party tomorrow. Seems like we're both dreading it, I guess we're not party people. I check the time and sadly leave, we part ways and agree to see each other tomorrow and at school. 

I walk back to the town and see Peter outside with his hands behind him, people pass and he bows a bit with his head. I approach and he opens the door, we do our regular routine and go home. I go to my room and place my purse on the hook, I stop seeing a dress picked out for me, layed on my bed already. 

It's very formal, it's white, long sleeved. It cuts off at the collar bone giving it a floral look. I notice the white heels, I sigh and place the outfit on my dresser. I have a feeling this was my fathers idea.