Chapter Thirty-Four

Someone approaches me, and tells me I'm done for the day. I groggily leave, and go to the elevator. I look at my clothes, seeing all the food and drinks spilled on me. My bun fell down, while my notepad is all out of paper. The elevator opens and I go to the office, My boss stands at his desk, with an angry expression. 

"I was told of how horrible you did, customers and co-workers complained about you all day! Is this your best! Is this all you can do! What can't you do! Everything!" He yells at me, I feel my eyes starting to water. "The planner is empty! Only half the day is filled on there!"

"I tried! I gave my best!" I say with tears starting to fall down. "This is my first time, do anything for once in my life because of my parents and reputation! I made mistakes! Are you perfect! Have you made no mistakes President!" I say shouting back at him.

"Yeah! I'm great! I've made no mistakes! Do you got a problem!?" I scoff, and wipe my tears away.

"I hear you gloat and brag! I have never met such a narcissist in my entire life! I am done, I make one bad day and you already scold me! How could I plan while I was working at your business for half the day! Make it make sense!" I shout at him, throwing my dirty apron in the garbage. "I am done." I say taking my things and storming out. 

I get Peter to arrive and I rant to him about today, but I now have to tell my parents that I technically quit. If I tell them, they're gonna get upset and mad that I couldn't even do this for two weeks. I cover my face into my hands, feeling myself starting to cry again when it really hit me. 

Am I an idiot? I should've sucked it up and apologize, this is not professional of me. My father will now scold me saying how in the business world, this barely happens and should never happen. God, my little hope for independence is gone now, gone. I have to now work under my father probably and look at the letters to see what college it is. 

I arrive home, and quickly take a shower. I felt dirty and tired, so before telling my parents I'm going to wait a bit. Tomorrow is Saturday, so even if I didn't quit I would've got this day off anyways. I exit the shower and change, I walk over to my window and open it a bit, I hear a voice scream Ow. 

I look seeing Charles waiting at the window for me, I panic and close my bedroom doors. He climbs through rubbing his fingers. 

"What are you doing here? How long have you been here?" I say as I cover my body.

"I just got here, geez do you always squish people's fingers in your window?" He playfully says, I smiles and give him a big hug. "Your eyes...have you been crying?"

"That noticeable?" I laugh, only for it to get awkward. "You want the story huh?"

"Only if you're comfortable." He smiles, as we both sit on my bed. 

For a couple of hours, we've talked about different things, but the main topic was about work. After the work talk, I decided to ask Charles about himself, he told me a couple of updates but no big changes from last time. We both lay down, and I somehow fell asleep, and I guess he did too. 

We both we're happy in each others company, and I felt a bit better about my situation. The morning arrived, and Charles successfully left, as I decide to go back to sleep. I woke up hearing my father loudly talking on the phone in his office, my mother comes in to get me out of bed.

I get up and get dragged to my fathers room, seeing him on the phone. He signals me to step closer, making me nervous for the future. He gently gives me the phone, and whispers that it was my boss.

"Hello?" I say.

"Ms. Porter, I acknowledged your courage on speaking out against me. Please come to work tomorrow by 5." I see my father pleased, as my mother smiles.

"Uh yes, I'll be there President." I say as my parents watch me.

"Good. See you then." I hang up as my parents speak to me about doing a great job.