Chapter Fifty-Three

"Yeah I do." I say sternly. "Until 10th grade is when I got my freedom, I begged and begged. I want to be independent, I want to love and explore relationships--I want to grow up!" I breathe heavily. "I never talked back, but ever since I've met the most amazing people in my life, I can't help to feel separated from you both. So what if I've done it? It's my choice and it isn't your damn business to know." My mother looks towards my father, surprised about my news.

"You didn't?" She says softly.

"No, I didn't." Her mouth goes agape, as I see the remorse and guilt rush in her cheeks. "Trust was never an issue with us, but since you heard a rumor it breaks in a second." I say with the snap of my fingers. "I quit your plan for the future, I quit living by your rules, I quit being your reputation slave." I turn myself, storming out of the room, hearing my mother call out for me. My father follows, by stating my full name, I exit the house and enter my car. 

I see them both run out, trying to chase after me. I start my car and drive off, planning my path towards Lorelai. I grip the wheel, as I dial Lorelai, she answers quickly as I rant to her what happened. She congrats me and my achievement to finally stand up to my parents, she gives me the motivation to continue.

"Proud of you kid, I know it probably took a lot of guts." I sigh, and nod. "Meet me at my house, I have to pick something anyways."

"I'm on my way, I have a bit of traffic so it'll take a second." She states goodbye, and I do as well. 

I'm finally going to live my dream and fight for it, I'm going to major in music and my college....my college. I still haven't chosen my college, I'm insane, I have to think on this. I pass the Stars Hollow sign, seeing my destination get closer as my blood pumps harder in my chest. I arrive to Lorelai's house, I turn and park on the side of the road, I get out grabbing my purse and phone. 

I knock on the door, seeing it loosely open. I call out, and step in, I hear Lorelai's voice as she rushes back down to the first floor. As I take a few steps in, I turn my head hearing a rumble of footsteps from Rory's room. I turn as Lorelai yells what's happening at a recent party, I turn seeing her get film for her camera's.

"Hi, Isabella." She finally grabs the film from the drawer, as I turn back to the kitchen I watch Rory and Dean step out from her room, clothes and hair disheveled. My face drops, feeling the tears start to produce, blocking my vision. 

"Uh, Dean came over to borrow something---" Rory states looking at Dean then at us, she confusingly stares at me, seeing my face warm up.

"W-what did he borrow?" Lorelai questions, silence fills the air. I turn towards Lorelai, she realizes the state I'm in, she steps closer, unknowing if she should comfort me or not. "Sweetie...." I then collect myself, and grip onto my purse.

"Goodbye Lorelai." I state coldly, turning myself towards the door, and leaving quickly.

"Isabella! Wait!" I hear Dean yell for my name. I rush outside, and stop as he reaches up to me.

"Why!? Why Dean!?" I yell at him, he stays silent. "You always liked Rory, and even now, when you're a married man?! You're a disgusting pig, and deserve to have a divorce. Rory talks poorly about your wife and now you're sleeping with her!" He steps closer to me.

"Hey...please keep your voice down." I step back. 

"No, how about you keep your thing in your pants and respect your wife." I turn away, angrily leaving, not caring about him anymore. 

"Isabella." He states, I pause before entering the car. "I'm sorry." I breath deep and hard.

"Tell that to your wife." I coldly tell him, before entering and driving away. 

I stop at an 'old friends' house, and angrily knock on the door. I hear his footsteps appear slowly, the door opens. I turn and watch his gaze softly land upon me, he rubs his half-asleep face.

"Secretary Porter? What are you doing here this late?" I fling my purse inside with my phone, and grab his face. I give his a gentle kiss, as he kisses me back, he separates. "Isabella." He whispers.

"I want to be with you one more time." I state, feeling loved by him.