Chapter Seventeen

I quickly change my clothes, I put on a long, white sleeved shirt, I slide my neck through the turtle neck and grab my other clothing. I put on overalls, seeing it cut as a skirt instead of pants. I tie my hair up into a nice bun, letting few hairs loose. I put on simple straight earrings, seeing the sliver shine and shake as I move. Finishing off my outfit with brown boots, I grab my white purse and head down. 

I peek out the window seeing the black car, as I see Peter slowly step out. I turn and jump seeing my mother in front of me. I contain my expression and stand up straight as she folds her arms.

"Isabella....overalls? Really? Come on change into your nice dresses and skirts." She grabs my arm pointing me to the stairs.

"Mother, I'm going to a little town, I don't think I need to dress up--" She lets me go and stops, placing her hands on her hips.

"I guess not....but still we have to dress formal." I nod, she pats my shoulder. "Okay, go ahead. Have fun." She pecks my forehead quickly, I smile and wave her goodbye.

I run out the door seeing Peter give a slight smile, he nods and gently opens the car door. I sit as he closes the door, he turns to the window seeing my mother stare at him. He nods towards her and proceeds to get in the drivers seat. Once he starts driving off, we start talking, I hum to myself making him notice.

"Anything on your mind Ms. Porter?" I click my tongue and scoff.

"Of course! Also you don't have to call me that when we're no around my parents." He looks in the rearview mirror, he smiles a bit but quickly focuses on driving.

"Noted. So, tell me what you're thinking." I play with the chain of my bag.

"Well, my school days are going by quick, and I still have to think of college...." He hums and agrees, as he turns a corner.

"Any college you're interested in?" I shake my head, he sighs and looks in the rearview mirror. "Any college your parents are interested in?" I nod, he chuckles.

"It's Princeton or Yale.....but I'm afraid to fight back, saying what I want to say." We arrive to Stars Hollow.

"Well, what do you want to say?" I open the car door, and look back to Peter.

"I rather go to Yale and pursue a music career." He smiles, I smile back and hop out of the car. I close the door and wave Peter goodbye. 

I kick my feet as I walk, looking down at the sidewalk, I stop. I hear children dancing, I turn my head seeing a dance class, I walk up the steps. I lean a bit in, I then hear the music stop. The dance teacher walks up to me, holding a long stick in her hand--oh she was smoking. 

"Apologies, I was just admiring the art." She waves her hand around.

"No-no, it's alright. I'm Miss Patty, you are?" She offers her hand, I take it and shake it.

"Isabella Porter, I don't live around here, I just visit a few times a week." She walks me more in, as we talk. My eyes then spot a piano, I sprint towards it, scanning the beautiful wood. "This is a beautiful piano, you never really see wood now. Usually the material is changed, or painted white or black."

"Do you play?" I retract my hand from it and grip my purse chain. 

"Oh well, I do. I've been playing since I can remember, I practice everyday usually." She nods and I look back to the instrument. 

"If it's not any trouble, could you play for my class?" I smile and nod.

"I would be honored." She signals towards the piano, I set down my purse and relax my hands on the keys. 

I start playing a simple tune, it's a basic one for ballet. I continue to play as the hear the dancing go on, I end the song gracefully, playing the last keys a little longer than usual. I finish and Miss Patty walks over to me, giving me compliments, I thank her and turn seeing the kids playing around. I grab my purse and slowly walk out, I pause and see Dean at the entrance looking at me.