Chapter Nineteen

I get dropped off by Peter, I take a few breaths and stare at people flowing into the party. Peter then lays a hand on my shoulder, giving me a look. I nod, notifying him that i'll be alright. I clear my head and walk in, I look around at the crowd, it's bigger than an army. They have a dj and pool table, how can this person have so many friends--my birthday parties usually involve my fathers friends, while my mother invites hers as well. 

"Isabella!" I turn seeing Rory and her friend from her old school. "Isabella, this is Lane. Lane, this is Isabella." 

"Great to meet you, and see you Rory." Lane nods with a bright smile.

"Your fashion is so formal, very elegant, like a queen or princess." Lane tells me, she then prepares to ask something else. "You went to my school for like one day, right?" I nod. "Hopefully we can be friends then, especially since you know Rory well."

"I would like that." I shyly tell her, we then hear someone scream.

"You guys came!" Madeline yells, throwing her arms into the air.

I look around and watch as people dance and drink, seeing some make out in the corner. I cringe and turn away, spotting Tristan looking at me. We both looks away at the same time, and focus on our separate conversations. Paris then walks up to us, checking her watch as she does.

"I never thought that you both were a party girl." Rory answers as I follow them to the punch bowl. We all get distracted as we hear Tristan and Summer get into a argument, we all turn and listen in. As it finishes, Tristan locks eyes with me again, he spins himself around and leaves. "Love that summer huh..." Paris lowly says.

"She was always rude to me, for no reason." Paris points towards me, agreeing with my statement. Paris then walks away from the drink station, checking her watch again. "Why do you keep checking your watch?"

"I have to stay here til 10:30, my mom thinks I'm not a people person." I chuckle.

"My father uses me to talk to his partners sons, so maybe I understand your situation." She nods and looks down.

Minutes pass and I stay sitting by myself, in a corner, like a weirdo. Rory has been watching Lane, since she's found a new guy, while I've been doing nothing. I decide my fate and get up, I walk over to a room, seeing curtains hanging from the door frame. I lightly move the curtain walking in a bit, I stop seeing Tristan sitting by a wooden piano, playing the the keys.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to--" I turn around.

"It's okay." He coldly says, staring down. I slowly move towards him, sitting down beside him.

"I saw what happened, and I won't talk about it, if you don't want to." I say, he turns his head towards me.

"I don't." I nod. "Why are you here?" I tuck hair behind my ear and find the words.

"Well, my family wanted me to come to this party. Sitting beside you, right now....is my choice. I just feel like, you need comfort." I play with my nails, knowing I'm doing the right thing.

"Sorry, for giving you hell...at school." I nod, and swallow my saliva before talking.

"It's alright, I've had worse." We both chuckle, he turns towards me more.

"What happened to your boyfriend?" I shockingly look at him with wide eyes.

"Not my boyfriend, we're just friends. Family set us up, so it was not romantically real." He nods, and raises his hand on top of the piano.

"Sorry your family put you into that." I turn.

"It's nothing, I'm used to it by now." It turns silent, and I look at him, he inches closer. As he turns his head, I turn mine. Our lips meet as he pushes further onto the kiss, I quickly backup and cover my mouth in shock. 

"I'm sorry, did I do anything wrong?" I shake my head and continue to cover my mouth. I get up and quickly run out. Rory tries to stop me but I fly by her, seeing Peter already at the entrance, I get in the car silently, as Peter tries to ask questions.