Chapter Thirty-Two

I tap my pen, reading along the planner, double-checking to see if I messed up anything. After a few minutes I close the book, I get up and bring it over to the President. I gently place the planner, and top it off with the pen on top. I retract the action and spin around, ready to walk back to the desk. 

"Isabella." I turn around hesitantly.

"Yes, President." I say, stepping closer.

"May I refer to you as Secretary Porter?" I nod, as he looks back down at his work. "Did you have lunch today?" I shook my head.

"No I-I didn't." I say with a slight stutter.

"Well please bring lunch, or go to our cafe downstairs. Since you did well today, you may go home." I nod, and quickly go to my desk, grabbing the phone to call peter. I politely lower my voice as he says he close. I give a nice goodbye and clean up my things. "Secretary Porter?" I look at him. 

"Yes?" I ask.

"Nevermind, have a goodnight." He says, looking back down.

"Night, President." I say with a gentle smile.

I excuse myself and go towards the elevator, I enter and press lobby floor. I lean back on the wall and take a breather. I exit the elevator, and see Peter, he extends his arms as I give him a big hug. I can feel that he's proud of me, he then lets me go and opens my door to the car. I enter and feel my tiredness hit me. I instantly, go up to my house door, hearing no footsteps coming towards me. 

My parents must be asleep, it's late. I slowly take off my heels and walk to the stairs. I hear a psst, I turn seeing one of the maids extending a plate full of food. I silently thank her, and walk up to my room. I gently place the food down beside the two letters, I drop my heels and release my ponytail from my head. I go over to my desk and start eating, while wanting to open the letters. 

I shouldn't, I need to cloud my mind with something else. Today--at work, why did he call my name before I left? I bite my lip again, as I remember that awful day. I want to ask his age, but I feel that being disrespectful. He is quite handsome...he is very clean and elegant--no, I need to stop and sleep. I get undressed and clean myself up, rejecting the little piece of food left, nevermind--I stuff the last piece in my mouth and start getting ready for bed.

As I lay down, I couldn't stop thinking about him. It's probably stress, ugh...I can't believe I fell in front of him. Why couldn't I just walk for once!? I need to start practicing in these heels. My eyes get heavier, as I finally was able to sleep. 

I woke up, feeling energized even though I went to sleep at an late hour. I get dressed, and quickly grab the folder filled with my tasks. I also decide to put on a cute watch, to manage my time more. I see my extra time, and walk towards Peter. Before getting in the car, I ask his to stop by Luke's diner. He agrees and we start driving, as we arrive, I feel a wave of peace when arriving. I get out and cross the street, feeling some eyes on me, I curiously look around, making my ponytail swish with the wind.

I furrow my brows and ignore it, a old man hold the diner door open for me. I thank him, and approach the diner bar table. As I walk towards it, Luke appears with a surprised face, I smile. He tosses his dirty rag, hanging the towel over his shoulder. He brings out the notepad with a pencil. 

"Nice to see ya Luke." I say cheerfully.

"Well you look like a woman already." I smile, and nod. "Eighteen huh?"

"Yup, legal and ready to work." I spin around. 

"Speaking of which...." He slides me a to-go tea, and a paper bag. "Free tea, and chocolate muffin for you. Happy belated birthday."