Chapter Three

"Sorry, this is the second time and I'm still bumping into people. So, I rather you stifle the laugh as I get up." I pick up the last book, I look up seeing his face as I stand. He smiles at me as I put hair behind my ear. 

"Nice taste in books, are you moving?" He asks me, I look down at the books and quickly look back up.

"I actually just arrived, but I guess I technically am." He continues to smile but with an confused expression. "Well- I came to this school but I will be switching--it's complicated." We both laugh, then I look back to the books. "I've read these books, but they aren't mine--I was helping my friend move her things." 

"That's nice of you to do that for her. Anyways, I just arrived as well, I came from Chicago." I nod, picking the books pages. 

"Oprah...and wind." I say awkwardly, I look down feeling dumb for my response.

"I'm Dean, by the way." He says lowering his head to me, making me look up at him. 

"Oh hi! Uh-me- I'm Isabella." She smiles brightly nodding his head.

"Nice name, it's elegant, I like it." I nod and hear the bell ring, I start walking away until he speaks up again. "What're you doing after?" I turn around surprised.

"Well, I have to go back home...my parents are really strict on me." 

"Oh, well then maybe another time." He says, I smile.

"Another time." I state while walking away. I smile to myself while walking to class, but my smile disappears as I enter, seeing Rory. I sit next to her and place her books down at her desk. "Hey, you said you were leaving, right?" She nods. "I'm guessing Chilton?"

"How'd you know?" I shrug and smirk towards her. "You're going as well, well at least I'll have a friend." I laugh. The class starts making both of us turn silent.

I silently do my work, knowing I won't be able to turn in it by next week. As I finish it up, the class ends. Then another starts, then ends, the day goes by like a flash and I can't even remember if I had breakfast this morning. That's a lie, I had water, but technically it doesn't count, whatever, you understand what I mean. I exit the school, and see Peter right in front, every body stares and whispers as I go over to him. He opens the door, I enter quickly, he shuts the door.

As he enters the drivers seat, I see Rory and Dean talking to one another, walking towards the street. My heart clenches a bit as we drive away, I look down at my hands and continue to block out those thoughts. The drive feels long, I wish it wasn't, I lookout the window and see the bushes fly by. As we turn into the driveway, the maid opens the door, making me confused about my parents, I get out the car seeing her smile brightly at me. I return the kind gesture, not being able to feel it. 

I enter and quickly go up to my room, tossing my bag beside my dresser. I go over to my window and open it. Why am I worrying? I shouldn't be, I'm friends with the both of them, everything will be fine either way. I hype myself up as I turn on the television, watching my favorite shows. I go onto my bed, laying on my stomach, watching as time goes by. A random maid comes in my room, placing a stack of clothes down in plastic bags. I confusingly sit up, furrowing my brows, the maid goes by the door, raising her brows as she exits.

I jump out of bed and go over to the clothes, I lift the top one up seeing the Chilton logo on the side. I put down the clothes and go out my room, trying to find my father and mother, I check the basic rooms, not spotting either of them. I hear a car slowly drive up, I go over to the window, seeing both my mother and father get out of the vehicle. I watch our maid go for the door, but I run, beating her to it. I swing the door open, running down our driveway, my parents are surprised as they see me approach.