Chapter Fifty-One

I fumble myself out of bed, I check the time, seeing brunch time. I give up on dressing formal today, work is something I am least worried about. I sprint over to my closet, taking out a nice light white dress, with flowers all over. I put it on with white shoes, as I continue I hear a phone ring. I grab my flip-phone and answer with a peaceful hello.

"Isabella, come to our house....now." my mother sternly states, I freeze.

"Did anything happen?" I ask, as I hear her strongly breath out. "No questions....got it, I'm on my way." The phone slams and ends the call, I gather my things afraid of what will happen.

As I struggle to get into my car, I reel in my head. My mind starts to drive to Stars Hollow, as thing race in my head. I need to breathe, what if it's nothing? Maybe they're missing me, or proud of something I've done. I pull up to Lorelai's house, seeing n other car around, I check my watch, okay....she should be here. As I exit my car, I watch Lorelai confusingly come out of her house. 

"Isabella? Is there something wrong?" She asks, stepping down her porch steps.

"Is Rory here?" I say out of breath, I rush towards her.

"No, she just left to Luke's, why?" She stops me, she puts her arms on my shoulders. "Whoa whoa, hey hey....let's just calm down for a second, tell me what's going on?"

"Dean always had feelings for me, even when he also dated Rory and had feelings for her." I say quickly without stuttering, I gulp catching my saliva.

"Let's get inside...." She states while gently taking me inside the house. "Now, where did you hear this?"

"President Lee, he told me that he stumbled upon Dean at Luke's his bachelor party. He was drunk, and confessed that he liked me and wished he would've taken a chance with me..." I say, sitting down next to Lorelai on her couch.

"Oh my god....w-what did you say?" I shook my head.

"What can I say? Dean is a married man, I still have feelings for him--don't get me wrong....but President Lee has a piece of my heart also, plus he is going to leave anyways to succeed in an higher position for his job." I laugh nervously, while feeling guilt.

"Isabella.....I'm so sorry. Rory doesn't deserve you....you've been loyal, I'm glad my daughter has a friend like you." She says with a smile, I smile back while feeling horrible. 

"He wanted me to choose his future, but I couldn't.....it would be selfish of me." I look at the time seeing it's been an hour since I came. 

"I think you need to be selfish for once....just choose it wisely." She pats my back for comfort, as I hear my phone ringing, I see my mother's number on it. "Gotta go?"

"Yeah...I don't even wanna answer." I laugh. "Thank you Lorelai."

"You're a good person Isabella, and a great friend." She smiles, I wave bye as I exit the house. I feel myself relived, like she's my own personal therapist. 

The phone continues to ring, I answer and state I'm on the way, my mother calms down. I end it and get into my car once more, having memories come back from high school days. Peter....I wonder how he's doing...hopefully well. I gather my courage and see the house getting closer, as I continue to drive. I park in the driveway and see my parents talking in the first floor window.

I approach the door and knock, a employee opens, a familiar face warms my heart. I smile and she returns the small gesture. I take one step and see both of my parents walk to me, they don't speak a word. I follow them to my fathers office, as the door shuts, the silence breaks.

"You are dating your boss?" My mother states, before I can answer she slaps me across the face. "How dare you!? Have I not taught you morals, boundaries, or even self-respect?"

"Disgrace, that my daughter sold her body to her boss....that's the gossip I've been hearing." He scoffs, I look up and furrow my brows. "We have given you everything, is this how you repay?" I curse under my breath. "Wanna repeat that?"