Chapter Thirty-Eight

(Isabella's Point of View)

I continue to consistently type, until I hear a phone call come through. I pick up and and do my regular statement. My eyes widen hearing Lorelai's voice come through the phone, we talk for a while before her getting to the reason as to why she called me. 

"I need a favor, I thought maybe you can give me a few tips and tricks for running and Inn?" I hum, and slowly close my book. 

"Yeah, yeah I could do that. When will you want me to come over?" I ask, I look seeing my boss look down at his work.

"Today at 4:30?" I nod, and agree knowing it'll be hard to work around that, but I'll still ask.

"4:30 is good, see you there." I gently place down the phone and walk over to my boss.

"President Lee, may I accompany my friend at 4:30?" I ask politely.

"What's the reason?" He asks while looking at me.

"She needs tips and advice for her business, so I thought it would be quick." I check the time seeing it get closer to 4:30.

"Hm." He says, checking his watch. He gets up and grabs his suit jacket. "I'll join, let's go."

I shockingly quickly grab my purse and sprint to catch up with him, when I do we stand silent in the elevator. He then asks me my relationship with the woman, as I explain we continue to walk. We finally get to his car, the drive was quick and easy, as the car parks. 

I lead the way and hear his footsteps shallow as he goes into a stop. I wave towards Lorelai, as construction men pass by me. I confusingly hug Lorelai as she explains what's happening here.

"Fixing and replacing things, anyways hi! And....hi to?" He leans forward, offering a hand. 

"Jackson Lee, President of the Lee company." He says, as he returns very closely behind me.

"Good, a real CEO to help me out. Follow me, to somewhere more quiet." Lorelai spins around, I walk a few steps until a bucket of paint falls down from a high ladder, I feel my body spin as my boss clutches me close, blocking the white paint to hit me. I grip his forearms, and squeeze my eyes. I open my eyes quickly, and look at his back, seeing the white paint go all over.

"President Lee! Your jacket! I'm so sorry--" Lorelai rushes back, with panic in her face.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry, I will pay for a new suit jacket--" My boss calmly takes off his jacket and holds it.

"It's fine, accidents happen." He says calmly, "Now shall we continue."

Lorelai awkwardly leads again, as he follows. I look around and see Dean lock eyes with me, I give a friendly wave as he gives one back. Although he hesitated to, weird...I push off the feeling and catch up with Lorelai and my boss.

I take my bosses jacket, he puts his hands in his pockets. I third-wheel as they continue to talk and exchange numbers. I lean against a wall, and watch them go into another deep conversation. I hear footsteps approach but I ignore it, as Lorelai and Jackson strive farther--did I just say Jackson? I meant President Lee....right.

"Hey." I hear in my ear, I jump and see Dean hovering over me.

"Hi." I say, composing myself.

"Did I scare ya?" He says with a bright smile.

"Maybe, y-yes you did." We both chuckle. "How's your marriage, husband man."

"It's going alright, Lindsay and her family are the most selfless people I've met so." I nod as he looks towards my boss. "So, what's with him?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, he tilts his head. "We're co-workers."

"Really?" He asks, I scoff and playfully punch his arm. 

"Yes." I say, Lorelai and President Lee comes back. 

"Time to leave, I finished with Ms. Gilmore." He says, gently placing his hand on my back.

"Oh--bye Dean, bye Lorelai." I say, while feeling rushed to leave. "President Lee, is something wrong?"

"Nope, but I've been invited to a wedding." I stop him, as we get closer to the car. "I heard you're going to?"

"Actually I haven't decided--but why are you going? You barely know these people." I say aiming my arm to the door of the Inn.

"Because I want to accompany you by being your date." He says nonchalantly, my mouth goes agape. 

"What?!" I say, almost shouting.