Chapter Thirty-Nine

"President Lee, what do you mean by date?" He smirks and pats my head, he passes by me and gets into the car. I angrily go around and get in as well, I buckle myself in as he continues to drive. 

"What's wrong with me, asking you to date?" He says, I scoff and look around before looking at him.

"Because for one, you're my boss, two is because you don't feel any romantic feelings about me." He looks at me sternly.

"I do." He sighs as we arrive to work. He gets out of the car, I unbuckle my seatbelt angrily, he then opens my car door. "I don't want to hide those feelings anymore, ever since last year, I thought you were attractive."

"President Lee, I-I don't feel that way, and I'm not going to the wedding. So, please reconsider your feelings, and make sure it isn't a fling." I calmly turn away and continue to walk towards the building.

"Well, I will try to warm your heart with my determination." He smiles, I chuckle and enter the elevator. 

"Good luck." I say, while we go towards the office floor.

After my shift, I left the office having a weird feeling in my chest. He gave me a warm goodbye as I walked away waving. He isn't seriously gonna win me over, his ego is so big his heart is only for him. I chuckle and go towards my car, as I get in, I feel a wave of relief. I went home and had a nice sleep, this weekend should be peaceful. 

I hear a phone ring, I pick it up hearing Rory's voice. I gladly speak to her, we have a long conversation until she invites me out. I accept and we plan it for later today at brunch, I end the call and raise myself out of my chair. I get dressed casually and grab my nearest purse, I check inside making sure I have everything.

I quickly grab my car keys and start walking out, I hear a voice. I jump, and slightly turn my body, leaning out the door frame. I panic seeing my parents heading toward my room, I look back and sprint away. I quietly go outside, seeing Peter waiting for someone, I wave and get in my car quickly. 

I drive and make sure, I dodged them without them knowing. I calm down hearing the radio go off, I slowly park on the side of the road. I get out, feeling the fresh wind hit my face, I smile and shut my car door. I walk past the light and arrive to the diner, I open the door and walk in. I hear my name being called as I look around.

"Isabella!" I turn seeing Rory waving at me. I smile and quickly see her get up, we both hug and sit down. "Wow, how do you always look expensive even with casual clothes?"

"Well thank you, and maybe it's because of my reputation?" I chuckle.

"Nope, maybe your aura." We both laugh as we wait for our order to be taken. Luke arrive dropped two papers down in front of us.

"Valentine special..." He says uninterested. "Do this paper for a free coffee or tea." 

"Luke, you never celebrate Valentines day?" She asks, looking down at the paper.

"Yeah, what's the reason you're doing this?" I tell him, scrolling over the sheet.

"Lorelai convinced me, now answer." He passes us a pen. "I'll be back in 5."

"These questions.....this one says "What is your dream date?" and the next follows "What would happen on it?" weird." I say, as Rory agrees.

"Look on the bottom, these questions are kinda weird..." I nod and start filling them out. "Glad we're on the same page for that free coffee."

As I write the answers, I feel someone watching me. I look around confused, but quickly look back down on my paper. 

"So, Rory...tell me what's going on with you and jess so far?" I ask, she slowly looks up.

"A lot to unpack there...but we have the time." She says, Luke comes back. We both give our papers and talk.