Chapter Five

"What's funny?" She states angrily.

"Nothing, I just thought that it was such a hilarious attempt to startle me. Listen Paris, I don't compete with others, I never had, and you shouldn't have so many insecurities while trying your best." I sweetly say, I turn around and walk in the direction of my locker.

I open my locker and put my books in it, hearing the lunch bell go off. I close it and head over, I chose a nice lonely table, and get comfortable. Rory slides right in front of me, we both start talking the whole time, updating each other on our experience so far. Rory and I have more things in common then you think, especially for the worst first day here. We separate from one another, and go into our other classes. 

I walk in and sit down at a random seat, not caring of the area I decided to sit in. The class begins, with my face buried in my notes. I rest my hand, swaying it in the air, letting the blood rush back in. As I continue to write the last bell of the day rings, I happily pack up, as I stand a the tall blonde boy starts speaking to me.

"Have a nice day, Mary." He says, I furrow my brows, giving a disgusted look as he leaves. I walk past him and go towards my teacher.

"Hi, Mr. Flitz, I was told to ask you about the recent books you've assigned." He smiles and pulls out a book.

"Yes, thank you for meeting with me. Here, this is the book, we're already 30 chapters in." My mouth goes agape as I retrieve the book slowly from him. "It is a lot, Isabella, that's why the test tomorrow, will be moved a day for you." I gulp hard and flip through the pages, seeing the thick pages pass.

"Thank you." I say and walk out, I instantly go towards my locker placing what I don't need in. I start reading the book as I leave the school. I hear my name being called in the parking lot, my head shoots up. It was Rory in the car with her possibly sister? I smile big and raise my hand towards them. "See ya Rory!" 

I look back down and walk to the black car, Peter opens the door as I slide in. Our drive continues with silence, but peaceful silence. I flip the page seeing I'm only on chapter 9, I sigh and see Stars Hollow arrive. I smile as Peter stops, I get out of the car myself, getting an unexpected reaction from Peter. I look back at him, I knock on the tinted window, seeing it roll down.

"As a repayment, can I get you a chocolate bar? Maybe some sweets--if you like sweets cause if you don't I can--" He chuckles and cuts me off.

"No-no, Ms.Porter, I am just your driver, I do this for you. No repayment needed for my work." I sigh and pull out the money I have.

"Too bad, now you want chocolate or chips?" I say, he eyes my money then back to my eyes.

"Make it Hershey." He says, I nod and spin around, he drives off.

I look around, and scratch my head, I don't really know this place well. I keep walking along, until I see a little diner. The door opens, sounding a nice bell, I watch as the kind man holds the door, I thank him and walk in. I go to the bar stools and take a seat, I stare at a menu, thinking of what I want. Maybe something little, my mother will kill me for eating 'Commoner food', a tea or coffee doesn't sound bad. A man goes in front of me, with a notepad and pencil, I place down the menu, he reaches for it, but I quickly place it into the neat pile.

"What would you like?" He says staring down at his notepad. 

"Hm, I came here once for that delicious coffee. Although, I would actually like to try your tea." I smile brightly, he looks at me, surprised. He turns behind him, grabbing a cup, he places it in front of me and pours the kettle. "Thank you!"

"No problem." He mumbles, I take one sip and fall in love. I keep sipping as I read my book.