Chapter Twenty-Seven

"Oh, Isabella--were you waiting long? I didn't mean to make you wait-" I raise my basket and cut her off, trying to kill the awkward conversation.

"No, I was just asking for your mothers help, I'm leaving anyways." I awkwardly peel my eyes away from her, seeing the boy that is standing near, stare at me. Rory clears her throat as she aims her arm towards him.

"Jess, this is Isabella. Isabella, this is Jess." I nod as he scrolls his eyes down my figure, I disgustedly furrow my brows.

"Hi." He says.

"Pleasure--anyways I should be going. Thank you Lorelai, nice to see you Rory--uh nice to meet you." Lorelai waves at me quietly, as I pass by the two, shutting the front door. I quietly go onto the sidewalk, feeling my time here run short.

I walk down, seeing the little town start to go slower as night falls. I arrive in front of Luke's diner and see the black car parked. I walk over and see Peter open my door, asking me how was my day. I answer plainly with nothing really to say, I place down my basket and watch as he shuts my passenger door. 

"Well Isabella, I heard your parents speaking about you a lot today?" I tilt my head seeing his expression. "It's not bad, I don't think."

"Like that is any better." I chuckle as he gives me a slight smirk. "Do you have any idea what is was about?"

"Hmm, something about your education." My heart stops as I start to overthink the situation. Could they be taking me out of Chilton? My grades have been stable, I'm one of the top students. Maybe they hate I'm going out so much, that could be it, they rather me be inside. "Well whatever it is, I wish you any luck to satisfy your needs Isabella."

"Thank you Peter, but luck only goes so far, for these moments." We arrive back home, Peter slowly opens the door, as I grab my things. I hop out and watch one of the maids open the front door. I make sure to say hello and thank you before entering, my heart goes fast as my mother pops out, giving me a slight jump.

"Isabella, we have great news for you!" I furrow my brows, I shockingly follow my mother as she grabs my hand. "So turns out, majority of your credits are done, so you have an choice to graduate now or in the next two months! It's amazing since your birthday is next month--"

"Mother! Let me set down my things please! You are speaking so fast, I can't understand." She barges through my fathers office, he tirely takes off his glasses in defeat. "Please explain, and slowly this time." I let go of my things, and sit down at one of his chairs.

"I heard your mother all the way from here, she was trying to tell you that homeschooling can make you graduate early, your two years have credit this year and the next. You only have to do a few things, and you'll be done." I sigh and lean down, my mother then taps my back to sit up straight. 

"I haven't decided my college, or if I'll stay home or go to a dorm--this is a lot to process. I just want--need time, please." I raise my head, seeing him look at my mother, for an agreement. My father nods, I turn my mother, as she does the same. I stand up and gather my things, I feel exhausted as I leave the room, my father clears his throat, I turn around. "Thank you." 

I exit the room, and go to mine quickly, I plop onto my bed. What am I going to do? I sit up, pulling my backpack with me. I go to the desk and place down a pencil and paper, I start to write my college paper. I come up with an solution as to what my future decides for me, I don't want to let my parents down, especially since I'm the only child. Now the question is....what does my future look like for me, in college and what career? Something I want, or what my parents want..