Chapter Forty-Eight

It's been two months since Dean and Lindsay's wedding, somehow I regret not going. Although, I don't let that eat me up inside, Luke warned me not to go, so I obeyed him. Luke's judgement is always correct, he's like a fortune-teller. I park in front of Lorelai's new Inn she's building, I grab my clipboard and papers. 

"Hey Tom!" I shout, he stops unamused. 

"Hey Isabella, got anything for me?" He says bored.

"Shipment receipts, and new paperwork for you and Lorelai to sign." I hand it to him, he sighs. "See you around." I say while departing from him. 

"Isabella!" I turn seeing Dean standing up quickly. I gather myself and smile at him.

"Dean, long time no see." I say, he nods, and gives me a friendly hug. "You're working for Lorelai?"

"Oh yeah, yeah. She asked and I thought why not for an extra dollar?" I nod. "Why are you here?" I aim to my clipboard.

"I help shipments, building equipment, and more for Lorelai. My boss assigned me here, since I knew Lorelai prior." He nods, while looking back to the stairs he was working on.

"Well, wanna help me hammer something?" I say yes excitedly. "Okay, I'll hold it in place." He hands me the hammer, our hands touching for a split-second. "Alright, ready." I hammer a few time, he releases the section. "Wow, you're a natural!"

"I must be a carpenter in my past life, gosh--I must've built so many landmarks." I joke, we both laugh. 

"Isabella!" I confusingly turn, seeing Lindsay walk in.

"Lindsay, wow you're glowing! Must be that newlywed glow." She thanks me for the compliment. I stand awkwardly as Dean and her share a little kiss, they talk about laundry until she stumbles upon me.

"Oh, do you work here?" She asks me.

"Yeah, I'm the coordinator or provider, for these guys." I nod.

"That's so good, I would trust you with anything. Do you know how to cook?" I hesitate.

"Yeah, but I don't do it much sadly." They all go over to the table setting up Dean's lunch. Dean and I stand together as they separate from us.

"I'm learning how to cook from my mom here." She points.

"Yeah, but don't make the same mistake I did. Teach the little one early." She giggles. I look at Dean, mouthing 'are you?' He shakes his head, mouthing 'no'. He walks over to them, taking a seat to eat.

"Rory! Rory!" Lorelai shouts, she stops and grabs me. "You're not Rory." I shrug her off playfully.

"She's outside, speaking of which, I must go." I say, slowly walking out.

"Wait why....?" She pouts.

"Coffee, since it's still early in the morning." I say, she clicks her tongue at me.

"A coffee date?" She hints, I shush her.

"A coffee date!? With who!?" Lindsay says curiously.

"Nobody....." I say, I whisper towards Lorelai. "How do you know?"

"I saw you two yesterday." I playfully hit her. I turn hearing footsteps behind me, as I turn I watch Rory and my boss arrive. 

"President Lee? Why are you here?" I ask him, while Rory goes to her mom.

"Well you'll be returning here for a short time after our coffee, so I thought to pick you up, then drop you off of course." Lindsay Ooo's, I turn embarrassed. "Ready?" I calm down.

"Ready." I state.

"Aw." Lorelai obviously shouts.

"Goodbye everyone." I say with slight annoyance. As I wave bye to all of them, I see Dean give a weak smile and turn around. 

"Oh wait--Isabella." I turn.

"Yeah Rory, what's up?" I say before fully leaving.

"Wanna do our grocery lists together on Wednesday?" I look to my boss, he slightly nods, I look back to her.

"It's a date." I say while my boss, grabs my forearm to go.

"See you Wednesday!" She yells, as I wave goodbye.

"What's the rush? It was going to take me a few seconds to finish that conversation." I ask while he opens the car door for me.

"I know, I just wanted you to myself." He devilishly smiles at me.

"Not very professional of you President Lee." I say while closing the car door. He enters and puts the key in. 

"Well, sometimes unprofessional things happen." He says grabbing my hand.