Chapter Nine

"He wasn't at first, but I cut him some slack, I nicely rejected him." She scoffs and hit the guy next to her, for change.

"You don't know how to be nice, he asked you, you should've said yes." She looks back to the cash, counting it.

"I have a date already, why don't you go with him?" She goes silent, "Whatever, keep the change, it makes people shallow." 

I turn away, hearing her scream after me, I smirk and rip myself away from the crowd. I go outside seeing Peter, I wave the two tickets at him, he gives a thumbs up. I approach and he already opens the door. I enter and look down upon the tickets, thinking if I did the right thing. The car stops, I get out and see my parents already waiting for me, I stop in front of them, they try to talk to me but I just hand them the tickets. I pass by them and go straight for my room, once I enter, I start to miss Stars Hollow. 

At first everything was good, but now this? Might as well put me in an arranged marriage. Let me be a rebellious princess that is forced to marry a prince, when I really want to marry the love of my life, I place my hand on my forehead dramatically. Not the servant your majesty! Yeah, alright, I sit on my bed, turning on the tv, skipping my music studies. I ask for one thing, and my parents think I owe them everything. I just want to be treated as their child, not as some future CEO. 

My mother comes into my room, I turn off the tv and stand up, she place down the black dress bag. She shuts the door and pulls me to sit with her on the bed, I cross my arms gently, not giving a rude attitude to her.

"Isabella, I know we've expected a lot from you, that's why I understand why you're upset. If I was forced to be with someone, I probably would've reacted like the way you did. I apologize for these past years, and I want you to be happy. We are so proud of you, and we love you." She pats my head softly, giving me affection.

"Thank you mother, I've been thinking a lot of things recently, making my whole body stressed and tense." She opens her arms, I hug her tight, allowing my body to relax. She peacefully rubs my back and releases me. 

"That bag I placed, is for your dance tomorrow. I hope you like it, I had it specially made since this is your first party." I smile and get up, unzipping the bag, seeing the bright color and beauty of it all. "Well?" I turn to look at her, I smiles and then look back to the dress.

"It's beautiful, I'm so thrilled for tomorrow now." I zip up the bag, and go over to my mother.

"The school would like you to play piano for one song, but you have to wear a mask, it's apart of the bands theme. Would that be an issue?" I shake my head. "If you want I could refuse-"

"No, it's fine, it'll be a good chance to really perform my true skills. I have something to ask..." She looks at me for my next response. "could I visit Stars Hollow tomorrow?" She sighs, but quickly smiles and nods, I hug her again. "Thank you, mother." She pats my back and exits my room, I fill up with joy.

I panic and run to the music room, pushing the doors open. I grab random music sheets and place them, as I start to play I imagine the crowd watching me. I open my eyes, feeling relieved that I don't feel nervous as I was before, I clean up the music sheets, placing it on the table. I stand up and start to exit the room, as I go back to my bedroom, I notice my window, seeing my curtains gently leaning on the shiny glass. 

I take out clothes for tomorrow, placing the flowery dress beside the light golden heels. I smirk, but quickly stop hearing the dinner bell go off. I stop and quickly go downstairs.