Chapter Fourteen

The school days go by fast, I haven't been able to see Dean, Rory, or even Charles these past days. I mean I do see Rory in class a lot, but we never get to speak to one another. During lunch my father arranges for me to practice with the schools piano. My next class is with Paris and Tristan, the two people I never want to see again. I walk into the class and take my seat, the whole time it's peaceful as I write in my notes.

"Isn't the debate team interesting, Mr. Dugray?" The teacher asks Tristan.

"Of course, Mrs. Caldecott." He answers politely.

"Then why is your attention focused on Isabella's ear." I awkwardly use my hair to cover my face, shielding my eyes from anyone. "Anyways, I'll be assigning your debate groups." She points out my group, which is Rory, Madeline, Louise...and Paris. Great.

The class ends and I follow the girls out, we discuss places to work on the project together. Everyone's houses is booked, so Rory offered hers, even though its messy at the moment with donated clothing. I open my mouth to say something, until Tristan slides in from behind me, covering my body. He leans on the lockers in front of me and speaks to Paris, I roll my eyes as he continues to flirt with her. 

"Anyways I got to run, bye Paris." He leaves her side and goes out to the hall, he turns back around. "See you Madeline, see you Louise." I roll my eyes and turn around, heading for my next class. 

As I walk I slide my pen out from my notebook, tapping it as I enter class. I go and sit at a desk, and listen tot he teacher, not being able to take my focus off of Charles, Dean, or even Tristan. What is with me? Why can't I think straight? I mentally slap myself and let the class go by, not letting anymore intrusive thoughts come across my mind.  Once the bell rings, I pack up my things and instantly go towards my locker, only to stop seeing Tristan making out with a girl.

I then look over to Paris, seeing her annoyed expression, her friends then fall behind as we all watch them eat one another. I face palm myself as Rory pops up behind me, I sigh as I turn to look at her.

"Well, they're on your locker, and a bit beside mine." I shove my pen back into my notebook and watch Paris lose patience. 

"They are also on my locker, I just feel icky picturing the diseases being spread." Paris states looking back on us. 

"You'd think there would be a cure." I say, raising my brows. "Did you try water?" I ask Paris.

"No, but wait here, I'll get the fire hose." Rory then cuts her from walking.

"I'l handle it." I make space for Rory to stand in front of me. She aggressively taps Tristan's shoulder, they break and he turns to her.

I stare down at my notes, going over my material, I slowly look up and watch a shadow appear behind Tristan in the nearest hall. I look at Rory and then Tristan, noticing his eyes on mine, he shifts his gaze back to Rory. I tilt my head looking back at the hall, seeing a man in a nice brown coat arrive. I look up seeing his eyes connect to mine, I smile as he looks back at me. 

"Well, sorry just got a little carried away-" Tristan tells Rory, but I can't contain my excitement anymore.

"Charles?!" I say moving past Tristan and the others, once a reach him, he hands me a bouquet of flowers. "You shouldn't have." I smell the pink roses and enjoy the natural aroma. 

"Sorry that I had to visit like this, but I have to tell you that I'm leaving for 3 months, with my father." I frown and watch his expression turn apologetic. "Trust me, you know the reason." He chuckles.

"Business?" He nods, "I understand completely, will we see each other after?" 

"Of course, since our families want us to date." He laughs and I do as well, I lean in and give him a hug. "I'll see you around Isabella." He slowly walks away, heading towards the exit.