Chapter Sixteen

I enter my house, seeing my parents speaking to one another at the door. I walk a little bit towards them, noticing that they're deep into their conversation. I shrug and walk past them, heading towards the stairs. I calmly and peacefully walk up, once I push open my bedroom door, I hear my mother call for me. 

I pretend to not hear and run into my room, slowly closing the door and hoping onto my bed. I take out one of my books for school and read a page. Without looking up I hear my bedroom door open, I pretend to read another page as they come closer to me. 

"Sweetie.." My mother says, sitting down beside me. I look at her confused, my father stays still beside the bed. "Is this a invitation?" She slides over the paper Louise gave to me. I hold it and don't know what to say. This is a party!? They're going to say no, of course....I've never been to a party besides the one they hold here.

"Well, it's nothing, one of my friends--well we're not really f-" My mother softly pats my back and takes away the paper.

"You can go, we don't mind, we want you to have fun." She smiles and my father finally steps up to speak.

"Also her family, I know very well from my company." My mother annoyed turn to him, as he shrugs. My father look shocked at my mother, making him speak again. "Also, I want you to en-enjoy yourself, of course.." My mother sighs and stands up beside my father, placing the paper on my pillow.

"You are allowed to go, if you want to." They leave my room peacefully, closing the door as she smiles at me.

I fall back and lie down, staring at the ceiling, I shut my eyes seeing the paper fall on my face. I pick it up and lift it, seeing the address. I know my mother is slowly starting to let me have freedom, but my father can't see that. He focuses on jobs, and the improvement of money or his stocks. Now, I have to go, I can't let him down...it's just a party anyway. I wish Charles was here, I would invite him--dang! Why does this party need to happen two days from now, I hope Rory goes, maybe I won't be alone. 

My eyes close slowly as my head rests on the decoration pillow, I drift off to sleep, not knowing if I should or not. I jump awake, seeing it still day, as I look over to my clock it's 10 a.m. Wait...10 a.m...? I slept the whole day yesterday?! My parents are gonna kill me if I don't get dressed now. I hop out of bed and quickly take a shower, making shampoo get in my eye. As I aggressively rub the towel on my eye I walk out of the bathroom, I tug at the towel above my head and let my cold, wet hair fall. Lazy to dry it, I let it air dry, I toss my wet towels on the bin and continue to go downstairs.

My stomach makes a loud noise as I smell the freshly baked muffins. I forgot to eat last night, no wonder I'm starving. I grab the muffin off the top and take a big bite, leaning my arms on the island counter. I enjoy the taste, seeing our employees laugh happily at me, before I could take another bite the smiling stops.

"Go to our table to eat, Isabella. Not here, you know that." My mother announces. I nod and depart ways with the employees with a pout. I pass by my mother and sit alone at breakfast, my mother joins, which makes me think of something, I wanna do today. 

"Mother, since I am going to the party tomorrow, I was wondering if I could visit Stars Hollow today?" I say while politely placing my muffin down on the glass plate.

"Well, I don't see why not. I could call this an even trade, you can leave whenever, the driver will be waiting outside." I happily finish my muffin and start to clean up my mess. "Remember, we have a maid and butler for a reason, dear." I nod and leave it.