Chapter 55

I'm Alive Bitches! I'll explain why I went on haitus so long on my conversation page and apology to the readers for my unexpected departure.

Jordan's POV

My phone went off telling me we were on in five. I looked at my bandmates backstage who were all giddy to get on stage. I was excited but anxious like usual before any performance.

I was terrified to let myself be vulnerable on stage and let my emotions out. Only to be laughed at and shamed, but at the same time, I loved performing. I loved it more than breathing itself.

Luther handed me my water with a grin on his face. He elbowed my arm, "Ready man." I gave my usual half smile as I answered "Always." Deshawn whooted as he grabbed his drum sticks.

I took another deep breath as we went onto the stage at our que.

The spotlight hit our faces momentarily blinding us before we got used to it again. Our group usually doesn't rehearse what we're going to say; we just know how long we want to talk. So I just said the first thing that came to my head, "Sup everyone, we're Divine Obsession. We're not really into big on words so let's get started."

Then we started playing "We Don't Have To Dance" by Andy Black. The audience started to scream even though I doubt half of them knew the song. My eyes scanned the crowd when they found a familiar redhead.

Her hair was frizzy and her eye makeup was sort of smudge from the sweat on her face. She was laughing with someone but I couldn't see them over the crowd.

I forced my eyes to leave her and try finding something else to focus on. I ended up doing that the whole song, getting lost into the music only to have my eyes drawn to Chris.

While trying to find something else to focus on I saw Cameron in the back downing something I doubt is water. Making me miss a line but was able to cover it because of one of the girls.

I ran my hand through my hair before throwing my head back as a drop of sweat dripped off my forehead. We just finished our first song, We Don't Have To Dance and the energy buzzing in the room was euphoric.

Trying to connect with the crowd I started a little random introduction. I might hate Barb and be dreading doing anything for her. I loved performing. It was one of the only things that brought me actual joy. Let me fully be myself and express myself.

I finished my small introduction when my guys started playing the beginning of the song. I joined in with my guitar before going into the microphone and started singing.

Once again my eyes were pulled right to Chris who was jumping and singing with everyone. I don't know why she was the only person I could focus on. No matter how many times I try to look at someone else my gaze is pulled to her.

Her hair was moving everywhere like a lion's mane as she jumped up and down. Clearly, not giving a single fuck about anything. For some reason it was captivating. The way she handled herself like there's nothing in the world that could stop her stride, but at times it seems like a strong wind would blow her away.

It's so different from everyone I've been around from when I lived with Ma or with Richard. She's like a stray cat who wandered into a den of hungry wolves. Instead of being scared, she pissed on the alphas favorite tree then fell asleep in the middle of them. She's so unpredictable I don't even know how to act when I'm around her. From what I can tell that's all of us.

She was dancing with her friend that I was able to see now jumping around and from what I could tell singing the words. Lost in the music and just enjoying it. Maybe that's why I wasn't able to look away this time.