Chapter 24

Okay, so I said I'll be posting Friday's and at the very least once a week. But with all the votes and support I've been getting, I might be listing more frequently. Also because I'm in the summer break and have nothing better to do. So, I hope you enjoy!

Oh god, you forget how awkward it is coming to class late when you were high every time you did it.

Taking a deep breath I knocked on the door. A name student that I could care less about opened the door quickly then went back to his seat.

I walked in sucking on my lip, trying to calm my nerves. It doesn't matter, plenty of people come in late to school.

I quickly went to the teacher's desk and put my pass on his desk. He gave me a nod of acknowledgment.

I quickly went to my seat next to Ash and took out my pen and notebook. Plus the papers that Mr. Adams gave me yesterday.

I could sense a dark presence in the room, it was almost as if I could see blackness oozing out of Ash. I looked around for anyone else close to me I could ask to copy their paper.

No one stood out or was close enough, I released a sigh of defeat leaned closer to Ash. "Yo, Ash? Can I look at your papers from earlier? I missed them because I was late."

He slowly turned his head towards me, there was a look in his eyes that promised pain. I tended up for a moment, then forced my body to relax. You never show anyone that you could be the weaker being.

"Okay, I guess not. You could have just said something instead of oozing darkness." I wiggled my fingers at him.

"Why were you late?" His voice was deeper and gruffer than before. "Well..." how can you tell someone that their brother got stuck in a window causing us to be late.

"The details aren't that important. All you need to know is that it wasn't a big deal and the twins aren't in trouble." Ash didn't seem at all satisfied with my answer. But I could swear I heard him say "yet."

"Notes?" I asked hopefully. He looked at me for a hot second. Grabbed something and started writing on it, stuck it to the paper and passed the paper to me.

I took it graciously and pulled mine out. I started to skim it but my eyes landed on what he put on his paper.

You can't use any of my other papers if you won't tell me why you were late.

I gawked at it. I quickly scribbled asshole onto his sticky note ripped it off and gave it to him. Then moved his paper to the complete another side of his desk.

He glared me and I just stuck my tongue out at him. I saw something flash in his eyes but it went away to quickly to know.

I started to copy what he wrote. Re-wording and speed writing. Sure it's not pretty but at the very least it's somewhat legible. Compared to Ash's though mine looks like shit.

I handed him his paperback but not before writing thank you and fuck off on top of his paper. I gave him a wink when I gave his paperback and started to focus on the teacher.

He made a grunt and from the corner of my eye, I saw him glaring at me. I forced my smile down and write useless notes.

The bell rang and I started to leave class when a big hand grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. My back hit the wall hard and I was looking at a big chest.

Slowly I tilted my head up to meet Ash's dark gaze. His grey eyes were alive and pissed. "What the fuck are you doing?" I hissed, "Brian isn't going to like this."

Thinking of Brian my mind said fuck it. I'll do anything to piss off that asshole. "Never mind, what do you want?"

"Why. Were. You. And. The. Twins. Late?" He split every word to sound more threatening. Let me say it worked, but it would have worked better on anyone other than me.