Chapter 40

I chewed on my lip, trying to go over all the possibilities of why Brian would want to take me to school. He must be trying to size me up. That's the only logical explanation for it. Or he thinks I'm plotting something. Maybe going to question me from last night. What the fuck?

I growled and pulled at my hair in frustration. "Fuck." I whispered, forgetting I was trying to put my hair in a braid. I sighed in defeat, unable to untangle my hair anyways.

I rubbed my face up and down while staring at myself in the full body mirror by my bed. Unconsciously i slapped my face. Both my hands flew up and hit both of my cheeks at the same time. Pain filled my cheeks as they already turned red.

I rubbed them trying to numb the feeling as I composed myself. The tactic might seem over zealous but it worked for me. I looked back up at myself in the mirror and focused. I mean, don't I want this? Didn't I want to befriend and get close to the guys?

Let's stop looking at this as if it was a ticket to my death. It could be a good thing. We can find out more about each other, maybe try to persuade him that I'm not a bad guy.

After convincing myself I grabbed my bag and headed back down stairs to go to school. Brian was in the opening to the kitchen playing with his tie. Well i thought he was till i got closer.

His face was contorted into a scowl as he aggressively U pulled at his tie. I sighed and walked over to him, "Need help Big Brain?" I asked him. I was trying to be nice but I couldn't fully take the high road. Maybe the middle?

He turned the scowl towards me now as he pulled at his tie again. "I won't hurt you. Right now it seems to be hurting me more at how badly you're tying that tie." He rolled his eyes and dropped his arms.

"Can you help me?" I was suprised he actually said yes. "Um, sure. Yeah." I dropped my bag onto the floor and closed the space between us. I went into his personal space and stared at his collar bone. For i was as tall as his fucking collar bone.

"Fuck, you're tall." I muttered to myself. I heard him snort, "Yeah, I didn't notice that. Thanks for informing me." a weird sound came out of my throat. Excuse me, what happened to Brian and where is the ass i knew.

"I don't have to be helping you Big Brain so try not to get on my bad side." He scoffed at my statement. "You're the one that offered your assistance." he snapped back as i started tying his tie.

I had to go on my tip toes just to do it well, fucking tall bastards. "Well that was because you looked so pitiful. You can't judge me for being a good person." I saw him roll his eyes and lean his head back onto the wall.

I looked up under my lashes at his face. His jawline was insanly sharp and he had beautiful long eyelashes. He had a few freckles dusting his checks and full lips. I quickly looked back down and finished his tie when he started talking again.

"Yeah a good person my ass. You still owe me for that shirt." he stated it as if it was an inside joke. No trace of menace or hatred in his voice. I snorted and finished the tie.

"You still remember that? You're fucking rich." I said lighlty. Not wanting to ruin whatever mood we've created. "You ever thought about being a detective? Your observation skills are on a whole other level." a drew out sarcastically.

I chuckled and grabbed my bag, then stood awkwardly in front of him. "So, are we going to head out big brain?" He gave me a look and I just tilted my head in confusion. "Why are you calling me big brain?" he asked as we walked to the garage.

"Well i was just going to call you brain but that's weird. So, I deemed big brain fit to call you." He just glared at me. "That's not answering my question." He grabbed a pair of keys and headed to his car.