Chapter 21

I was the first one out of the limo, stomping into the house. "Hello, Christian." I jumped out of my skin and I swear my heart stopped beating for a good second.

"Wear a bell, lord." I looked up from my bent-over position and looked up at Richard.

"oh, uh hi Richard." I waved awkwardly. I barely know this dude and I just infiltrated his house.

I just stayed standing there awkwardly until someone hit my back and I stumbled forward. "Why are you standing in the walkway," Jordan demanded.

"Why are you coming in through the walkway?" Confusion morphed his features. If you don't have a good explanation just confuse them is what I say.

Richard was giving Jordan the parent look, which is 'they want to scold you but can't because people are there so the 'play nice look or I'll punish you later'. Yeah, that look.

Jordan sighed and rolled his eyes. He walked past me and sat in the stool. I moved too not wanting to be hit by the others when they walk in.

"Is the staff back yet? I miss Cecilia's cooking." Richard shook his head. "Sorry son, you'll have to learn how to function like a normal kid your age."

Jordan groaned, "Well we're not very normal are we." I can stand up to that. They are the actual contradiction to the definition normal.

The other boys started walking into the kitchen. Giving their dad a hello or a head nod then moving out. Jordan left too and now I'm left in an awkward situation.

Maybe I can sneak out and head up to my room. Message Yaz and see if there are any job offers. Maybe check the city out.

"So Christian how was school today?" I guess not. "It was okay. I was thinking about joining a club." So I can spend more time away from here. "Maybe finding a job. I also met this girl and she was really nice. But I really don't like uniforms."

He was nodding, trying to process all I was saying. "Good, wait did you say job? Why would you need a job?" I bit my lip, I do it so much that I don't even notice it anymore.

"Well, because I need the money and it helps me keep my mind off of things and feel useful." Mainly the money part. I can hold my own, I don't want to be in debt to them or feel like a burden.

"Christian you don't need a job. We have all the financial issues set and anything money related you need we have you covered. We took you in and so we have you covered." I forced a smile on my face.

"Okay, but at least let me do something. I feel useless and I hate it. I can do the dishes, clean, cook? Really if I can't pay rent let me do something." Richard sighed and put down his papers.

"You can cook, until the staff comes back you can cook dinner for the house." I nodded. "Welp, I'm going you head off to my room and do my homework. Thanks for the talk, Rich."

He nodded and went back to reading whatever paper was in his hands. I grabbed my backpack and speed-walked out, then ran up the stairs and slammed my door shut.

Today was one hell of a ride.

I flopped onto my bed and stared at my wall for a little bit contemplating if I should do homework or not. Losing the battle in my head I rolled off my bed and went to my iPod and put it on I heart radio.

I grabbed my backpack and threw it onto my oversized bed than found my cruddy headphones to plug into my iPod. I snorted when I looked at it, reminding me of my friends.

I went to my playlist and played it not caring what song was on. There was an ad on first, so while it was in I was looking for my homework. There's was crumpled paper popping out of one of my pockets.