chapter 45

"Turn there!" I pointed at the turn which led to the cafe. He turned and looked at the surrounding shops. He then gave me a sceptical look waiting for me to point out the shop.

"Right there!" I pointed at the shop whose glass door was now covered in wood. I'm guessing they either couldn't afford for the glass to be fixed or it just hasn't been fixed yet. He parked in front of the shop and eyed it and mine.

"You really work here? Out of every other place you could have chosen you chose the most run down place you could possibly choose." If his voice didn't say how tired he was by this his expression clearly did.

"So what. I'm used to working in cafes and places like these. And there's something here that i actually like." I was talking about the stage they had. This cafe had open mike nights that really peaked my interest.

"Well then, hurry off. I have things to do." He shook his head a little and waved his hands at me. I gawked at him with a mix of shock and disgust. "Like what?" I snapped.

"Breathing." He answered sarcastically while pulling out his phone. I rolled my eyes at him, "You're absolutely insufferable." I breathed as I exited his car with my bag.

I made sure to slam his door shut when walking away because he's an ass. I hurried to the door and pulled it open with the handle that was almost covered by wood.

The place already had people inside with instruments or sitting down and eating. I got giddy with excitement about the whole thing. I checked in based on how she showed me yesterday and grabbed an apron.

"Hello darling." A feminine voice drawled out. I turned to see Brianna coming out from the back hallway. She waved her hand dramatically in the air and posed. I just stared at her not really sure how I was supposed to react. "Hello?"

She sighed loudly and dropped her hand. "Borning reaction, we're going to have to work on that. Molly is behind the counter right now so you'll be working with her. If you need any help ask her, warning she's not a super...friendly person?" it took her a second to come up with a nice way to describe her.

I shrugged and walked to the station. I saw the side of Molly, she was average height maybe 5'4 or 5'5 feet. She had her long purple and blue hair in a ponytail that touched her waist and nails that matched. Based on the side of Molly I'm seeing she has about 6 piercings in her ear, a lip piercing, one in her cheek, her eyebrow, and a septum.

I'm not sure if i should or shouldn't say anything so i just stood there for a second thinking of what to do. "Sup." Is all i said to her while she added whip cream to the frap she was making. She turned to glance at me then went back to her work without saying anything. Cool.

"What do you want me to do?" I asked her because I wanted to know what drink to make first. She glanced at me like I was an idiot and called out whoevers drink she just made. Coming back to me she looked at me up and down slowly before meeting my eyes.

"Look at the register, I'm already making the caramel frap." She turned around again and ignored me. Wow she is a lovely girl, I feel so welcome. Rolling my eyes I went to the register and found the next order.

2 warm turkey wraps with a grande caramel macchiato with skim milk and a grande strawberry smoothie. I snapped and went to the fridge in the back to get the wraps. Finding them I hurried to the toaster oven and timed them based on the instructions taped to the counter.

Dusting my hand off I started to make the caramel macchiato on ice while Simultaneously making the strawberry smoothie. The smoothie said they wanted whip cream and a strawberry drizzle on top of the cream. Wanting them to come out perfectly I cleaned the sides and made sure none touched the lid.