Chapter 35

I finished getting changed into my dance attire when the bell rang. Addy was practicing the routine in the mirror to herself. Making sure her facial expressions matched the song and theme.

Kim and Teresita went out earlier to refill our waters. So, it was just us and the other girls trying out getting ready. "Are you excited? It's the final day of try outs?" Addy asked me enthusiastically.

"Yeah." I replied lamely while putting my massive mess of hair into a high ponytail. "I wish I had your hair." She told me dreamily.

I gave her a perplexed look while I put my third hair tie around my pony tail. "I'm not sure about that. Highly doubt you want unruly, thick, messy, and weirdly colored hair." She shook her head and finger combed her long black hair.

"My hair is super basic. It's long and straight. Nothing unique about it, it's bland and boring." She made a gagging face and put two fingers in her mouth to signal throw up. I chuckled and shook my head. "Be grateful for what you have Addy. Sometimes being basic is fine." I told her while checking myself out in the mirror. Not to bad Chris.

She made a noise of disagreement, "Said the least basic girl in this whole school. Be quiet and let me rant please." She whined to me in front of her mirror. I just rolled my eyes at her actions and walked behind her. She opened her mouth and started hyping us up.

"Ooooh,look at us baddies!" she started to clap and pose in the mirror. "How the hell are we single? Like shit, look at us, we are the definition of badass bitches." she waved her hand at her face. "Is it getting hot in here, or is it just us?" I laughed at humored her. I was posing with her and squashed the insecurities creeping up in the back of my head about hoe much bigger i was then her.

"We totally need a picture to commemorate this moment." I added in, "Or for people to look back on when we chuck ourselves off the balcony." she nodded her head in agreement. Then took out her Iphone 10 from the side of her leggings. "Pose bitch."

I stuck my tongue out and did a peace sign, putting it down quickly thinking she was done. "Um excuse me, we need more." She stated as if it was obvious. I sighed and came back to the mirror to take what seems like a hundred selfies.

Once Kim and Teresita came back with our waters we headed to the dance room. I still haven't gotten myself my ID to go into half the rooms in this goddamned school. So i need to put that in my mental to do list. Because it's fucking annoying relying on others to let me into the athletics building. Or any building in general.

We all started to walk to the building while talking about the routine and the people we think will make the team.  We all said each others names first and made our own list that we all agreed on together. I, of course said Wes, not because I got along with him fantastically but because he could dance.

"Let's just hope we don't fuck up the dance before we even think about making the team." Teresita said nervously. I bumped her shoulder with mine, "You're fine. You're best style is hip hop and that's what the routine is." She nodded her head and gave me a weak smile.

I heard feet pounding across the side walk outside going to the athletics building but ignored it. Then a big arm wrapped around my neck and Wes stood above me. "Hello my friend." I laughed and threw his arm off of me. 

He put his hand over his chest and pretended to be wounded. "You hurt my pride Chris, no one ever complains about me touching them." I gave him a stern look, "It's probably because you were choking them, or is that your kink?" He smiled and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Wouldn't you want to know?" He took a step closer and smirked. 

Me taking that as a challenge followed his lead and stepped closer. "Is that a challenge? Because you're playing with the wrong girl." I heard a gag from one of the girls. "Get a room you two." Kim shouted from where they stopped to watch us. "Stop flirting, you're making me feel single." Addy whined.