Chapter 3

An alarm started going off somewhere in the room. Groaning i woke up from my blissful nap. For once I slept without nightmares or waking up.

I went to the bathroom to splash water on my face and fix my hair. Also to change my outfit.

Inside the bathroom getting ready i realized when you go take a nap you feel worse than before and wake up a mess thinking "What year is it? What did I miss? Did robots take over and enslaved is all?" It could happen.

Finally getting my unruly hair presentable i changed into gray sweat pants and a loose purple shirt. Slipping on some black slippers and went to the door. I heard noise in the kitchen so I yelled.
     "I'm going to see Juliet! I'll be back later!" I heard a faint okay so I walked out the door. Going through the rocks i went to my bike.

Then biked to the coffee shop Juliet wanted to meet at. Walking in it seemed decently busy. Somewhat similar to Zooms Cafe.

I saw Juliet sitting at a table typing on her computer. I walked up to her and say down. She looked startled at first, but then got her bearings.

   "So, what do you want?" She fixed her glasses and touched her hair , fixing the non existent pieces out of place.

   "Well, we were going to talk about the family you are currently living with, and the family you are going to move with." I nodded.
     "So am I going to be living with Alyssa?" She nodded.
     "But the plan has changed today." I gave her a questioning look.

"You Will be meeting her and her husband today. That's why I asked you to a cafe." I almost fell out of my seat. I've seen Alyssa plenty of times. She was my mom's best friend. But I have never met her finance.

    I was about to get ready to leave, when I see Alyssa coming through the glass doors. Her brown hair was still long and bouncy and she still had those dimples in her cheeks when she smiled. She walked in and spotted me pretty easily.

With my ruby hair I'm hard to miss. She came towards our table, I stood up and met her half way to hug her. She smiled and kissed my cheek.

  "On my gosh, it seems like the last time I saw you you were only 5'2 and had acne everywhere." I covered my face.
     "Alyssa please don't bring up the dreaded middle school years. And the last time you saw me was two Christmases ago."  She laughed and took the seat next to me.

   "Richard should be here later. Now let's get to business." She clapped her hands. I didn't realize how much Alyssa changed till I looked at her.

She had on expensive ratings and necklace. Some acrylic nails and bracelets, she had a hand bag that looked expensive and some Gucci heels on. But she acted the same she did when I was younger though.

   "So you're going to be living with me and Richard. " she smiled. "I really could use another girl in the house." Alyssa smile was infectious so I had to try hard to stop myself.
    " Um... Alyssa, I sort of wanted to stay here. " Her face dropped.
    "Why?"

  "Because I have friends here and school is already about to be in its second quarter. And it's hard to leave it all behind." She nodded and looked at me with understanding.

     "I know how you feel, well some of it, not all. Remember when I was going and my parents moved me half across the fricken usa to Arizona. Left friends, family and a dirty ads boyfriend behind. " I almost snorted at the face she made.

"But sometimes change can be good. I met your mother, I made new friends. Found and amazing job, and got a full ride to ASU. Don't know if any of that would have happened if I didn't move. Sometimes change can be good. We can't predict the future. So w shave to just go at at like a bill and if it knocks us down her back up. You know how to do that better than anyone i know." I nodded.

S* *t. I forgot how good Alyssa is at giving advice and changing minds. Even when you don't want it.

   "But-" She put her hand up, cutting me off.
     "I'm going to use logic now. Where do you live? How would you get to school? If you got in trouble and need a guardian legally you wouldn't have anyone. College? Job? I don't know. The cops coming one day and putting you in foster care? Dept, taxes? You have all these things to worry about when you shouldn't and I'm being a responsible adult by telling you that you have to move in with me. You might not like it at first but you need it. Insurance, doctor, medical things, dentist? You can't do any of those. So please come with without a fight. Because I'm a lawyer so I'll put up one hell of a fight." I looked at her. I knew about all of those things but. Ugh, I can't think.

     "Think about it. You have till Monday, because that's when our house is done getting re modeled." She took her pouch and got up.

   "Juliet will contact me when you decide." The she walked out. I looked up and saw Juliet. I completely forgot she was here. She at least had the decency to look away. I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. F**k.

Arthur: hi thank you for reading this if you have. If I made some grammar mistakes in any chapter i am sorry. I am trying my best to edit. Thank you for reading. And please tell your friends to read it. Follow me too. Thank you!