Chapter 27

I slammed the passenger door of his BMW and crossed my arms. "This oddly feels like kidnapping. What are you going to do about it?" I quirked an eyebrow at Austin waiting for his answer.

"Nothing, because this isn't kidnapping. More like...willingly leaving." He told me while backing up from the garage.

"So one of those old men that tell a kid, they have candy and to get in?" I countered with my smartass comment.

He shook his head, "Did I offer you candy?" I could tell he was amused, he was trying to hide a smile.

"No, you offered me a ride. Basically the same thing. But instead of locking me up in a cellar somewhere you're taking me somewhere worse." I paused for a dramatic effect. "High school." Disdain heavily coating my voice.

"Okay. Well, great weather today." He stated, trying to change the topic. "Yeah." I need coffee.

"No, you don't." He answered my question. I jumped from my slouched position. "Can you read minds?" I was completely dumbfounded.

"Maybe you do need coffee." He commented. "Answer the question, Gerald, " I demanded. "Who the fuck is Gerald?" He asked sounding perplexed.

"I don't really know but right now you are. So can you read my mind?!" I'm now getting frizzled. Lack of sleep does that go to people.

"Okay calm down Godzilla. I'm driving." He spoke in a soft voice as if it calm an animal. I let my body slump back into the seat. I put my thumb and forefinger to my temples. Covering my eyes in the process.

"Can you just tell me if you're a not bald, old and blonde Charles Xavier? Because that'll be good to know." I really don't know why I was talking to any of them in my tired mindset.

"Yes, I can. But you can't tell anyone. Only the family knows, except Alyssa. I've been able to read minds since I was young and sometimes could move stuff. It's been torture, and has given me severe trust issues." He admitted.

If my brain was working properly I might have questioned it. But I've barely slept all weak and I've been stressed. So right now I'm a three-year-old in a 17-year-old body.

"Really? Holy shit! Don't worry I won't tell anyone. But then don't read my mind because that's a massive invasion of privacy." I started mumbling ideas to myself of prancing people and world domination.

Like a said before, clearly not in a stable mindset. "You know how many people we can fuck over! Dude!"Austin looked like he was barely holding it together.

His voice was an octave higher, trying not to laugh while speaking. "Yeah, but great pOwEr." His voice cracked whole saying power because he started laughing.

I looked at home confused but he continued, "comes with great responsibility. I'll only use my power for good." I nodded vehemently.

"Okay, cool. I don't tell anyone man. I've got your back, I'll be that friend that helps you on your missions by having the headset and computer." I'm trying to pump myself up to stay awake but it's hard.

"Are we almost there?" I asked lacking all the energy I had before. "Should be there any moment." He answered.

I leaned on the armrest and looked out the window. I'm dreading today. I just want to ditch, but I can't.

Austin parked in a spot close to school and we got out. He walked away without saying anything or looking at me. I forgot the 'we don't know each other'.

He just blew that way out of the water. I started trudging to the entrance when I was stopped. Some random chick short chick came up in front of me.