The Bet

I wake up to a quiet house. I throw my arms above my head and stretch my body as I look over at the window to see the sunrise. It was going to be a beautiful day. I could tell by the birds chirping and the warm breeze flowing through the air making my sheer curtains dance.

I look over at my clock and it reads 7:00 am. Suddenly, I realize what transpired last night. I throw the covers away from my body and run downstairs.

"Lorenzo!" I called out to my child's father.

No answer.

"Lo!" I repeated.

Dead silence.

I turn to head up the stairs when I notice a note on the front door.

Went to pick up Enzo. We should be back around dinner. Make something good :)

Big dick daddy,

Lo 😈

"I hate this muthafucker..." I whisper to myself.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my cell ring upstairs.

I bolt to the top of the stairs and run into my room.

"Hello?" I asked when I accepted the call from an unknown number.

"Bitch! Get dress! Let's go shopping." I roll my eyes as I head Naomi and Keisha on the other end of the call.

" No. I'm not in the mood to shop. I want to go get my son from Lo." I replied.

"Ewww...you're such a bore now. When have you ever turned down shopping?" Keisha asks.

"Enzo is fine with his damn father. Girl if you don't bring your ass!" I hear Naomi yelling in the background.

I sigh. "Okay, pick me up in 30"

I hang up and go get ready.

****************************************************

Lorenzo's POV

"So...do men come and see mommy?" I ask my son as he's enjoying his icecream.

"What do you mean?" He questions as he looks at me with his beautiful doe eyes.

"Well, men speak to mommy all the time." He says.

"What kind of men!" I unexpectedly shout and he jumps a little.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to shout. Daddy just got a little....excited." I reassure him.

"Well, you don't look happy. You look very angry. Me and mommy watch Snow White...and you look like grumpy." He says as he shrugs his little shoulders.

I deadpan.

This kid is smarter than I thought.

"Well, what do they say to mom? The men?" I ask.

"Just hi," he replies.

"That's it?"

"Yep," he ends the conversation as he dives his head into his bowl and licks the bottom to get the remaining ice cream.

"Can you keep this conversation between you and me?" I ask.

"What do you mean?" Enzo responds.

"Don't tell mommy I asked you those questions. It will be our little secret." I tell him.

"Yeah okay..." he rolls his eyes and goes and throws his bowl away.

...This little shit. I ask him what he wants to do next and he wants to go to the park. Since it's his day I feel obligated to do whatever he wants. I have a lot of time to make up with my son and I really want us to get to know each other. However, I am glad he's still young and I have a lifetime to make up for it. Before you know it we'd be best friends.