Day 1's

Lorenzo's POV

I was sitting on the hood of my car looking at the sunrise above the ocean. It was beautiful. I felt the warmth of the sun hitting the side of my face. My head lowers as I exhale the breath I didn't even know I was holding. I still can't believe it. I saw Chrissy, in a way I wish I had her. She looked happy and in love. That's what hurts the most. She loves another man. Not to mention she's giving him the best version of herself. Something that she could never give me. They've built a home together. I feel my knuckles tightened as I form a fist. I don't even know how to express how I feel. But broken pretty much sums it up. The man she's with was just threatening my life no more than a few hours ago. For me to find out he's fucking my ex fiancé burns to no end.

I hop off the hood and walk around to the passenger seat. I started the vehicle and pulled off to the airport. I still have to have a conversation with my father about what the hell happened last night. My team prepped my private jet and I told them I would meet them there.

I'm probably a mile away and I begin to slow down due to traffic. I heard of LA traffic being a nightmare but no one is moving and there's police officer's everyone. I'm visually assessing the scene when there's a knock on my window.

"Fucking pig," I mumble as I roll my eyes and lower my window for the officer.

"Excuse me sir, you may want to take the detour ahead of you. We've blocked off the airport entrance and all flights have been canceled." He says.

"What? Why? What happened?" I shoot questions at him.

"There was a homicide." He says casually before walking to the next car behind me as I assumed he was letting everyone know.

"Fuck!"

My phone rings...

"Yea?" I answered.

"Hey boss, they have us stuck in the airport-..." I interrupt him.

"Yea, I know an officer just informed me of a homicide. I can't get around it. Just stay put and we'll figure something out" I tell him.

"Boss...the homicide..." he drags out.

"What about it?"

"It was Admiral James. Remember the intel we got on Marc Deacon? That was his commanding officer." He says and I'm shocked because this can't be a coincidence.

"Get me everything you can on James. Send it to my phone. I'm going to pay Deacon a little visit." I say.

"Boss, you don't have backup! Just wait until they lift this security perimeter we'll come and help you." He says.

"Listen, I'm capable of taking care of myself. Contact my father and let him know that our flight has been grounded. I'll contact you when I find something." I hang the phone up and do a u-turn in the street.

I make my way back to Deacon's house.

******************************************
Deacon's POV

I end the call on the phone. I sit there in disbelief along side Dre, and John who just got back from a funeral in Boston. Now, he's coming home to another one. We just got word that our commanding officer, Admiral James has been murdered. As of now they don't have any leads but we all know damn well who did this. It had to be Lorenzo Marino.

I just thank God Sabrina isn't here right now. After making up some lie about a boxing session that went wrong. I had to drive her to the airport. She was meeting her friend Sam there. They should have landed in Amsterdam by now. At least I know she's safe for now and far away.