The One

Chrissy POV

Deacon is downstairs making breakfast as I get ready for the day. Today is our 5th month anniversary and I can be honest and say I'm happy. He's a great man that I met at an event a few months back. After first I was apprehensive about getting in another relationship. I decided to let my guard down and try to experience love that I lost so long ago. He's a former Navy Seal and still does contract work for the military on the side.

What started us talking was his stories. This man was a great storyteller. He was so detailed and had a vivid imagination. Sometimes I would think I was there with him fight on his side. After doing three tours in Iraq, this man had been through and seen a lot. And yet, he was still gentle with me, he's caring. This wasn't the love I was use to but I know this is what I needed. I wanted to tell him every day who I really was. Sometimes I got so close to doing. Usually we'd get interrupted and I would play it off like what I had to say wasn't important. Is it though? Truthfully, I hadn't heard from anyone in over a year. I'm pretty sure I'm down memory lane just like they are for me.

I head downstairs to the kitchen and the smell of blueberry pancakes smoother my nose. "Omg, my fave. Thanks for making breakfast baby!" I yell to him. He was in the gym finishing a set. He walks out all hot and sweaty. I feel my inside heating up again.

"So, what's on the agenda for the day?" I ask as I take a bite of my breakfast

"Well, I have some recruits to train a the gun range today. You can join if you'd like?" He asks.

I shrug. "Hmm...I don't know. The last time I went Sgt. Ass-a-lot started yelling at me on my form. I'm like what the fuck I'm not a recruit!"

Deacon chuckles. "Babe, that's just him. He's been a military brat forever. He takes his job seriously, as he should."

Deacon rubs my shoulders why send little pecks down my arms. "Alright now, keep this up and you won't make it to work." I say with a sexy smirk on my face.

"Keep looking this good and I'll put a baby in you." I deadpanned.

"You okay?" He asks concerned.

I shake my head. "Yes," I chuckle. "Just thinking about my errands for the day."

He kisses my forehead,  "Okay babe, well I have to go but don't worry I didn't forget." He raises his eyebrows.

"Huh," I ask confused.

"Happy 5 month anniversary." He says. He winks at me and walks towards the door.

"Have that ass ready by 7 pm!" He shouts before closing the front door.

I smile to myself. I walk past the mirror and stopped and look at myself. I turned sideways and rubbed my belly. "You would have been one this month." I look up at the ceiling while closing my eyes. I inhale and exhale and make my way upstairs to start my day.