Damsel in Distress

Chrissy POV

We walk into this condo and it reminds me of my old one. After the accident, Lorenzo thought it was best for me not to be alone. We sold my condo and I moved in with him completely. Maybe it was needed at the time but now I wish I hadn't. I don't know why I'm here but I can't seem to move my feet towards the door. 

"Would you ladies like anything to drink?" Lincoln ask. He was the guy that had been dancing with me.

His friend Eric, who was dancing with Sammy walks into the kitchen and prepares us something.

"Sure, just make sure it's dark liquor," Sammy says sending him a wink.

"So are you girls from around here?" They ask.

"She is," Sammy says pointing to me. "I recently just moved here from Boston. We just met each other tonight!"

I cringe at that information. Being a native of New York and Black you tread lightly around strangers. Every answer to a question you mask it with little white lies until you feel they're trustworthy.

"That's interesting. You girls are daredevils. I like that!" Lincoln smiles while handing me my drink.

I quickly smile and sit down on their couch.

45 mins later...

Lincoln and I are chatting while Eric took Sammy in the back to do Lord knows what. We've shared enough to peek each other's interest but nothing traceable to our true selves. There's an awkward silence and it's enough to wake me up. What am I doing here? I thought to myself as he reaches for my thigh.

"Umm, I think it's time that I leave. It's pretty late." I tell Lincoln as I grab my purse.

"Wait, leave?" He chuckles. "You've only been here for an hour?"

"Yes, and I shouldn't be here at all. Just let me go and get Sammy." I say as I stand up and walk around the couch.

I didn't know much about the girl. Although we just met tonight I would feel bad leaving without her. Before I could get around the couch he runs on the opposite side and tries to stop me. 

"Please, just stay a little longer?" He asks.

"I'm sorry but I have to leave," I say while walking towards the back. I'm halted by him grabbing my wrist.

"What are you doing?! Let me go!" I yell.

"You're not leaving! Now sit down!" He pushes me and I fall into the end table knocking the lamp over. The base shatters to pieces and I crabwalk backward to put space between him and me.

He stalks towards me and as I'm trying to stand. I see Eric come out of the backroom buckling his pants. My eyes widen when I have a clear view of the room and I see Sammy. She's bloody and naked on the bed. My heart begins to race and I quickly stand up and run to the door. I try to unlock it and a large force had pinned me to it. Lincoln puts his hand around the back of my neck and whispers...

"Don't leave now. The fun is just starting."

"Ya' know... I've never had a Black girl" He says as I hear Eric in the background chuckling.

"Well, you can save that dream for another time!" I yell as I take my elbow and hit him in the eye.

"Ah...you bitch!"

He backhands me and Eric runs over and pulls me by my hair. There was a dining room table in the kitchen area that he left the liquor bottle on. Eric clears the table with his hand and forces my face onto the cherry wood. I hear my jaw crack from the impact and I feel my dress being raised.