Uncle

Lorenzo POV

We're headed into the basement of the castle. I'm pretty sure this is where they use to keep prisoners or some form of slaves. There's chains and iron gates all throughout the lower level. The walls consist of rocks molded together and they show the age of this place, definitely before any of our times. Deacon and I move slowly surveying the area making sure we're not hit with any surprises.

"I'm definitely getting Daenerys Targaryen vibes..." Deacon says and I chuckle.

Although I hate him for dipping in my honey pot, he's really not a bad guy. Sure I think he's a cornball and isn't Chrissy's type, like...at all. I have to give it to him. He held her down when I couldn't and I will always be thankful for him protecting her.

"I can tell this place has many stories to tell. And from the looks of the dungeon, none of them are good." I say as I point to the blood stains on the ground and walls.

"Yea, I've seen places like these a lot when on my deployment tour. Darkness isn't even the word. The macabre feeling of just pain and torture gets you every time. I don't care if you meet a soldier who's in 40 plus years. If they tell you it doesn't affect them they're lying." Deacon says truthfully.

"Unless they're the one doing it." I say as he smirks and chuckles. "I guess that would make sense." He replies.

"Shh." I press my index finger on my lips.

Deacon mouths, "what?!"

I walk over to the end of the hall and lean my back on the cold stones as I peek around the wall. Frantically, waving Deacon over so he can see what I see.

There she was being dragged over some man's shoulder. Her feet and mouth were tied but I could hear her whimpers. My heartbreaks as I know she's probably terrified. He stops in his tracks and quickly turns in our direction. Deacon and I move so swiftly that I hit my head on the wall and tightened my lips to suppress the groan. Deacon slides over to my side of the wall.

We're frozen in place as we hear silence. If I was spiritual I probably could hear God talk. All my senses were on alert and my heart was beating fast.

I slowly try to peak back out. As my head reaches around the wall. Bullets start flying!

Deacon and I look down the hallway and he sees a small space big enough for him to have a better aim

"Cover me!" he yells.

I nod as I step out a little and start to shoot at the man. By now he's dropped Chrissy and I see she's squirming to get out of the rope around her ankles.

He runs across the hall to get a better angle and starts firing

Sudden we began to catch fire from the south of the hallway. I empty my clip and reload as I grab the other gun behind my back. With both arms point out I began to fire in both directions.

The man with Chrissy grabs her by her hair and drags her behind the corner. Soon enough they're out of our sight as we keep taking fire from what I assumed were the gatekeepers.

My face is drowned in worry as I keep looking back at where Chrissy was. Deacon yells, " Go!"

I look at him like he's crazy. There's got to be at least eight men. He's outnumbered.

"What about you?!" I yell.

"Don't worry about me! Go make sure Chrissy's safe. If we both stay here she'll be gone forever! Go!" He responds.

I look back and forth between him and the men at the end of the hall. I'm second guessing what to do. I can't let Chrissy disappear but she'd hate for me to leave him.

"I'll be fine. Go protect her!"

I nod as he he covers me as I make it down the hallway. I'm running for about 5 mins when I hear the gunfire subside and someone hurling out a scream. I grab onto the wall to catch my breath as I shut my eyes tight. "Damn Deacon," I say to myself. I just know that was him.

I can't let his death be in vain. I have to protect my girl. I have to find Chrissy.

As I go to turn the corner, I'm faced with the barrel of the gun.

"Hello, nephew!" I look into the eyes of Matteo, my Uncle.

*****************************

Deacon POV

I see Lorenzo disappear into the gun smoke. And I put full attention on the men at the end of the hall. As I see more coming I continue to unload my clip. They reach closer and closer. I knew this was it and I was ready to go out strong.

I had about 4 bullets left. So, if I could take 4 of these fuckers with me it would be gold. I take two deep breaths and slide out a little more to aim. As soon as I do one man drops.

"What the hell?!"

Then another man drops.

I look out a see Dre holding a M4 Cabine. Men are falling like dominos. He's taken out all but one. John comes up and jumps to hold on to the ceiling. He forcefully kicks the man which sends him stumbling towards me. I run and use the wall across from me as a step support and flip in the air while grabbing the man's neck.

"Ahhh!" He begins to scream as I snap his neck and we both fall to the floor

I'm met with a hand extended out. I grab on to John's hand as he helps lift me up.

"I'm so fucking happy to see you guys!" I say in between breaths.

"Come on man, you know we always got your six," Dre reminds me as he smiles.

I chuckle. "You guys look like you've been through hell." I say noticing the dirt and blood on them.

"You have no fucking idea!" John bellows out he pats my back and we start walking.

Dre laughs as we head in Lorenzo's direction.

***********************************

Hey loves!

Sorry for the long hiatus. Please expect more chapters coming up. I'm trying to get on a schedule and figure out what day(s) should I upload new chapters. I'll let you all know when I think of something.

As always, comment, vote, follow, and share my stories.

July 🤎