Amsterdam

Hours earlier

Chrissy's POV

After a 10 hour flight, Sam and I are on our way to our Airbnb. This vacation is much needed and other than face time I haven't seen Sam in forever! We decided that this week will be strictly dedicated to relaxation and partying. I haven't had a girl's night out in forever and my friends in LA aren't like the ones I left behind. Everything is so superficial in LA, it's either about looks or money. It's hard to find some down ass friends but maybe that's karma biting me in the ass again. After all, I left them and completely went MIA and for all I know they probably think I'm dead. My thoughts are interrupted by Sam telling me about Naomi and Tony's wedding.

"Girl, I wish you could have been there. She looked so beautiful in her gown!" Sam reminisces.

I look out of the window as my eyes become glossy. We promised each other in college that we'd always be there for our special day. We made a plan to be in each other's wedding and I failed to live up to that. And to hear that Sam was a part of it breaks my heart. It's not her fault or Naomi's, I'm glad that she's been able to become so close to Keisha and Naomi. It just sucks that I couldn't be there. I guess Sam notice how quiet I was and she stopped talking and grabbed my hand.

"Chrissy, listen...I know it hurts to not be able to be there for your friends. Trust me when I tell you they both really miss you and want you to come home. They're hurting too and they're innocent in all of this. I know I haven't known them as long as you have but I don't think they'd fault you for leaving, especially if you explain to them why." Sam rubs my hand with reassurance.

"I can't...especially now, too much has changed in my life. And if I did go home I would not only have to face them but Lorenzo and I'm still not ready for that. Not to mention Deacon doesn't even know about my past life. For God's sake, he doesn't even know my real name." I say while slamming my hand down on the seat out of frustration.

The uber begins to slow down and we gather our bags to prepare to exit the car. I look up at the house and it's beautiful. It's a nice sunny day and everyone seems to be outside enjoying the beautiful weather.

"Thank you!" Sam shouts to the driver as the woman smiles and pulls off.

"Well, if you ever change your mind. I'll always be there to be the buffer whenever you're ready to have those tough conversations. Whether it's with Deacon or the girls, I got you back!" Sam tells me as I smile and hook my arm around hers as we walk up the stairs to the house.

I punch in the code for the lock and open the door. It smelt like peaches and flowers and we walk over to the entry table and see a note.

Sabrina and Sam,

Welcome to my lovely home. I'm pleased to host you and if you need anything don't hesitate to call. I have clean bedding and towels in the upstairs closest. I've left a list of nearby restaurants on the kitchen table.

Enjoy your stay!

Anya

I looked at the note and smiled. "She's definitely getting 5 stars! This place is amazing and I love the hospitality!"

"Sure is...well what are we waiting for? Dark or light?" Sam asks.

"Huh?" I say confused.

"Girl, dark liquor or light?" She gives me a duh expression.

"Bitch...dark," I say while sticking my middle finger up. She laughs and runs in the kitchen to get some liquor.

"Okay, a toast to a bomb ass week with a bomb ass bih!" I laugh as we raise our shots, touch them back on the table and them throw them back.