Surprise

Lorenzo POV

I've been so overwhelmed with the family business lately. I can't complain though this is what pays the bills and keeps some sense of purpose in my life. We have a shipment coming into Los Angeles. It's an old friend my father knows that needs our assistance in moving some weight. If my dad trusts him, then so do I. I didn't ask questions just prepare a detail from the jet to the shipyard.

My dad was assured that it would be an easy exchange. My team has been updated and I'm leaving tonight, right after the wedding. Sal and Tony are unaware and I want it to stay like that. I know them too well. Any mission that needs our assistance they're always hands on deck. I don't want this life for them, not anymore. It's not safe and they need to be here for Keisha and Naomi.

I walk to the mirror to fix my bowtie. I can't lie I know I look fly as fuck and hopefully, there's some fine bitches at this wedding. I may need a jumpoff before I leave for LA.

 I may need a jumpoff before I leave for LA

I hear a knock at the door...

"Come in," I say. It's Sal and he walks in holding the flower bouquets.

"Come on man, Keisha told me to grab you and Sam. It's time!" He says with excitement.

I look at myself in the mirror one more time before following out downstairs in the courtyard. It's the end of September and the weather is beautiful. It's perfect for a wedding. We take our places and the music begins...

The ceremony last about 20 mins and now we're in the ballroom for the reception. Sal and I have already given our speeches. I hug Naomi as she wipes her tears.

"That was beautiful Lo. Thank you so much! Especially for making this day perfect for us." She whispers in our embrace.

"Ah, stop it," I say raising my hand.

"You're like the sister I never had. I love you and Tony, both of you are family. I'm glad I could help you two. You both have something special and I've never seen my boy this happy. Don't thank me, let me thank you!"

Tears fall down her eyes. But what she says next, triggers me.

"You know, Lo. You can be happy too and have all that we have. Please don't give up on love. You're a great man and I know you'll find the perfect soulmate. I know you're still hurting from Chri..." I interrupt her.

"Please don't say her name," I respond throwing my hand in my pocket and looking away.

"Enjoy your honeymoon," I lean in and kiss her on the forehead.

I walk away heading to my room to retrieve my bag. I call for my men to meet me outside the mansion. We arrive at the airport around 10 pm. The drop for the shipment doesn't happen until 2 am. That gives me time to get to LA and go over the final details. The jet takes off and I stare out the window leaving my city behind. I close my eyes to get some rest before we land in Cali.