Safe within your arms

Lorenzo's POV

I take a deep swallow as I look down at the barrel of the gun. I look behind him to see Chrissy leaned against the wall, bound by ropes, and sitting down with tears streaming down her face. I have never had a flood of emotions overcome me. Honestly, this was the most terrified I've ever been in my life. I don't care what he does to me. At that moment, my main concern was Chrissy. I knew if he killed me then he will disappear with her forever and I couldn't have that. I also knew that Deacon loved her enough to search for her but he'd never succeed. He has the capabilities but one thing that differentiates him from me is that it's all or nothing. I have no problem with becoming viciously obsessed with revenge. I have no problem murdering everyone until I find her. He doesn't have that in him and is too patriotic to discern when that type of rage is needed.

"I know we haven't met before but how are you doing, nephew?" Matteo asked.

"Fuck you!" I said.

"Oh son, please let's not do this family drama in front of the company. Well, I guess Chrissy is family considering you guys have a ki- oops." He stops while holding his hand over his mouth.

"You DID have a kid." He emphasizes.

I step forward with the gun now pressing on my forehead. I can hear Chrissy moan aggressively and I know she's trying to stop me from antagonizing him. But I refuse to listen to her pleas this muthafucker just brought up my dead child. I can't let that slide.

"Why don't you put that gun down and say it again. So I can beat the shit out of you!" I charge at him with my words hoping to strike a nerve.

"Now, nephew, in my heyday I would welcome that. However, I've seen you fight and with all honesty. That's a trait you did not get from your weak ass father. That's all me!" He states as he smirks at me.

"Now, what we're going to do is I'm going to grab Chrissy and we're going to leave. I have a nice spot that I'll love to take her to. I just can't wait until I get to taste what you los-." I interrupted him by kicking him in the balls as I grab his right hand that he held the gun with.

I position my body on the wall as I pushed down on the pressure points of his wrist. He immediately drops the gun and I kick it to Chrissy. He kicks my back leg causing me to collapse but I return with an uppercut to his chin. He stumbles back but I grab his head and smash in on my knee. 

He uses the wall to support his fall and is back up charging towards me. I scoop him up and body slam him to the floor. As he starts to rise, I hear a sharp noise and see debris falling next to my head. I look up and see about five trackers with guns coming down the hallway. While Matteo is still trying to get up, I hurry over to Chrissy and pick her up.

"Boss, runter!" one of his men yell. (Boss, get down)

I look down at my feet and see a light object roll to my feet. "Fuck!"

As soon as I yell out the ground beneath us breaks and Chrissy and I are thrown underground. We hit the water and I lose hold of her. Quickly, I swim to the top and frantically begin looking for her.

"Chrissy!" I yell.

I dive underneath but the water is too dark to see anything. I come back up, "Chrissy!!" I continue to scream as the water drips from my hair.

I'm looking around and then I see a body form from underneath the water. "Chrissy!" I yell as a swim to her.

I turn her over and untie the rag around her mouth. I realize she's not breathing. "Fuck!" I yell.

I swim her over to some type of dryland that was filled with gravel. It was a small space but large enough for us to get out of the water.

I lay her down and start doing chest compressions on her. I tilt her head and breath in her mouth...

1

2

3...

I keep alternating between chest compressions and breaths. "Come on Chrissy, wake up!" I scream.

I go to breathe in her again and she starts to cough up water. Quickly, I roll her over to her side and rub her back. As she's recuperating, I begin to unbind her hands and legs. I help her up and sit her down on a rock as I kneel on one knee in front of her.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She stares at me silently and before I know it she jumps into my arms and begins balling profusely. She trembles as I hold her never wanting to let go.

***********************************************************************

Deacon POV

We finally reached where we tracked Lorenzo and we don't see anything. It's like they just disappeared.

"They've got to be here somewhere, man. I know y'all heard those gunshots." Dre says while looking around with his gun in his hand, pointing it in every direction.

I look at John as he squats down to the ground and picks something up. "What'd you find?" I asked him urgently.

"I'm not sure yet. But it looks like some type of grenade fragment. It's not like the ones our military uses. It's small but from the splattered debris it has a greater impact." He says as w canvass the area.

"I think I found something!" Dre yells.

We jog over to him and find a big gaping hole in the ground.

"Chrissy!"

"Lorenzo!"

I yell into the hole a few times and it was silent. It's so deep that we can't even see where it leads too. I take out my flashlight and peak in it. It's darker than the night itself. Then, I realize, if they dropped through this they're dead.

"Deacon, man. There's no way they could have," I interrupted Dre.

"I know," I said silently.

My eyes quickly started to water. I held it back before I spoke, "Burn it!"

"What?" John asks.

"Our extraction teams have scanned the entire castle. They've rescued everyone and the only thing left is weapons, torture chambers, and their whole operation room. I don't ever want any woman or child to witness this pain again. Burn it to the fucking ground!" I demand.

All three of us left in different directions and began to place explosives in every corner. We gathered the last of our men and headed out to the SUVs. As we loaded the trucks I took one more look at the castle before us.

"I love you!" I whispered before heading into the truck. 

When we got passed the gate. I looked at my watch and set the timer. We were driving down the entrance as we saw in the rear mirror the castle explode and go up in flames.

I'm not sure I know how to return to life without her.

**********************************************************************

Comment, Vote, and Follow

Follow my new IG account which will give you all updates on chapters and future books. 

instagram.com/julyjameson