Heartbreak

Lorenzo's POV

I was busy working on my laptop doing some auditing of our files. I heard my stomach growl, "I'm fucking starving." I said as I looked at the clock.

I jumped up. I've been so involved in work in the last hour that I didn't notice what time it was. Where the fuck is my fiancé? I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

It went straight to voicemail.

I called Serg to see what was going on...

"Fuck!" I yelled as he didn't answer either.

I grabbed my leather jacket and my pistol. I headed to the living room and grabbed some of my men.

We hopped in the Tahoe's and drove to the store Chrissy would have gone to...

****************************************

Chrissy's POV

I blinked my eyes open several times and my vision was blurred from the blood all over my face. I took my hand and wiped my face. I looked to my left and the driver's seat was empty but the door was open.

"Sergio!!" I screamed straining my throat.

I begin to hear noises come from my door. I was pinned against a tree and couldn't see behind me due to my seat being pushed forward from the impact. I started to hyperventilate.

"Sergio!! Oh. God please...protect my baby." I cried.

"Mrs. Marino! Hold on!"

"Sergio! Hurry, get me out of here." I scream as I see his bloody hand touch the window on my side.

He comes around the SUV on the driver's side and his face is filled with blood. He has a gash above his left eyebrow. He pulls out a knife and cuts my seatbelt off. I throw my left arm around his neck as he grabs me bridal style and lifts me out of the car.

"Mrs. Marino! Are you okay?!" He yells over the sirens being heard in the distance.

"I...I..." I look down to see blood leaking from my pants.

"My baby!" I look at Sergio before passing out in his arms.
.................................

Chrissy's POV

Beep

Beep

Beep

I woke up in a bright room and could hear the television in the background. I raise my handing seeing the IV taped to my left hand. I turn to my right and see Lorenzo outside the room window talking to Sergio. His face is different. He's not angry, more so sad. He looks distraught and helpless. I inhale and try to sit up while moving I notice something. My belly looked different and I felt empty...hollow.

"Where's my baby," I say lightly.

"Where's my baby!... My baby!...Where is she?!" I scream at the top of my lungs as Lorenzo and Sergio run into the room.

"Lorenzo, where is she?!" Lorenzo ran his hand down his face and looked at me with glossy eyes.

He caressed my cheek and knelt to my side.

"I'm so sorry baby... she-" I interrupted him. His voice was shaky while he trembled and I already knew. She was gone.

"No!!...NOOO!!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I can see the nurses and doctors outside the window with their heads down.

Lorenzo climbed in bed and cradled me like a baby. Like I would have cradled her, my sweet baby. She was gone and I was so close to meeting her. Touching her. Loving her. I've felt pain in my life but this was tortuous. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. How could my life fall apart so quickly? I was just happy a few hours ago and now I feel like I wanna die. 

*****************************************************************************

A week later

Lorenzo's POV

I sat on the chaise with my elbows to knees why I bowed my head to the floor. I felt a tear escape and I quickly wiped it away. I can't fall apart now. I have to be strong for Chrissy.

I looked up and saw her sleeping. It's the first time she's slept through the night since it happened. I would have killed the driver but the bastard died from the accident. A fucking drunk driver. A drunk killed my child and destroyed my fiance. I wanted vengeance and I was a ticking time bomb. I wanted to call Keisha and Naomi, hoping they could comfort her. She's been distant from me and I offered their assistance but she refused. She didn't want them knowing at least not yet. She wasn't ready to talk about it but I know it changed her probably forever. I don't know what to do, I've never felt so defeated.

My thoughts were interrupted when she violently started turning in her sleep. I quickly got up and ran to her side.

"No!" She screamed.

"Hast du ein Geschenk für mich?" she whispered. (Do you have a present for me?)

What the fuck. I moved my head back in confusion. I'm a little rusty but I swear she was speaking German?

"Lass mich gehen!" I started to shake her. (Let me go!)

"Baby, baby wake up!" I yelled.

Tears fell from her eyes but she was still in a deep sleep. Her eyes were closed so tight that I could see the wave of movement through her eyelids. I could tell whatever she was dreaming was intense.

"Chrissy, baby wake up!!" I screamed.

She jolted up in the bed with her eyes wide open. She grabbed me and held me tight. I felt my shirt soaking from her sobs and secured my arms around her. I wanted her to feel protected and loved. But I was lost...I didn't know what to do.

"They won't stop." She whispered behind a whimper.

"Baby, talk to me. What's going on?"

"I don't know...I keep having these dreams. I can't make anything out and it makes no sense." She responded.

"You were speaking German. Before I woke you...I didn't know you knew German?" I say rhetorically still holding her.

She moved her head upwards and stared at me. "I don't."

************************************************************************************

What do you think is going on with Chrissy?

How was she speaking another language unknowingly?

Will Lorenzo be able to get her through this traumatic time?

Comment, Vote, and Follow :)

Thank you for supporting this book!